Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Asked about a few releases and here's the info I got from Pam -

Thanks for reaching out, the Long Winters albums were a pre-order. We plan to ship by the end of December, as advertised. I apologize for any inconvenience. I am not sure of the Baseball project, will need to check.

We have the Elliott Smith albums now, the fanzine is being laid out now.

If you would like the album now and the zine later, let me know.

We are waiting for the Kurt Vile albums to be shipped to our warehouse. The pressing plant updated us that the test colors have been approved. They plan to ship to us later this month. We plan to have these shipped out in December.

At this point, if zines are causing delays, they just need to scrap those moving forward. May be in the minority, but I rarely look at them.

Ooh, I remember really liking that Department of Eagles album, but $45 feels kinda steep. Here's hoping there's a sale on soon.

And since we're talking about those zines, I gotta say it's pretty baffling that they are holding up shipping on some albums when you consider 1) lead times from pressing plants are like six months and more these days, 2) pre-order windows are already padding ship dates by at least a couple of months, and 3) shipping dates for most of their albums are being pushed by several months on the regular. I just don't understand how it's possible to have the record pressed and ready to roll but not the zines.

Ooh, I remember really liking that Department of Eagles album, but $45 feels kinda steep. Here's hoping there's a sale on soon.

And since we're talking about those zines, I gotta say it's pretty baffling that they are holding up shipping on some albums when you consider 1) lead times from pressing plants are like six months and more these days, 2) pre-order windows are already padding ship dates by at least a couple of months, and 3) shipping dates for most of their albums are being pushed by several months on the regular. I just don't understand how it's possible to have the record pressed and ready to roll but not the zines.
I had a $20 referral coupon and was able to stack that with a giftcard so grabbed this one for free.

The zine thing is crazy. Just seems totally disorganized/not enough staff. They should just do away with the zines.

I had a $20 referral coupon and was able to stack that with a giftcard so grabbed this one for free.

The zine thing is crazy. Just seems totally disorganized/not enough staff. They should just do away with the zines.
Or just do them digitally for those who want to read them. I can't say I've found many really worth my time, even though they all get a flip through from me at the least. Although they're not necessarily any worse than the VMP write ups.

Or just do them digitally for those who want to read them. I can't say I've found many really worth my time, even though they all get a flip through from me at the least. Although they're not necessarily any worse than the VMP write ups.
i don't even think i've read a single one haha. i've never been a huge liner notes person though...i can't get past how bad the graphic design has been on the bandbox ones.

I almost got their exclusive variant of lissies album when it was announced last year. Their variant got delayed and Pam said they could ship the zine separately from the vinyl. Once it got delayed I realized that I didn't really care about the zine that much and I didn't like the album as much as I thought I would so I decided to cancel my order and get something else that I wanted more. They need to do something to prevent these delays from happening.

I almost got their exclusive variant of lissies album when it was announced last year. Their variant got delayed and Pam said they could ship the zine separately from the vinyl. Once it got delayed I realized that I didn't really care about the zine that much and I didn't like the album as much as I thought I would so I decided to cancel my order and get something else that I wanted more. They need to do something to prevent these delays from happening.
they seem to be in the unfortunate position of needing to announce stuff to have cashflow but then those records are always late, probably because they press in low numbers. it's a vicious cycle.

Back