Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

In a fun twist on this complicated matter - just went up on the site today.

View attachment 173000

Well might as well use one of my gift cards for this, says it ships immediately too.

Yeah and even though they raised the price to $44 for it- code 20off still works which brings it to right about $40 shipped, half my gift card.

It's a limited 1k run so might as well order now

Love the War on Drugs announcement 40 mins after the bomb was dropped 😂

disperse-lesley-nielsen.gif

At some point didn't membership also grant free shipping on orders? I haven't seen that in a while and assume this announcement cements the end of that as well.
There's nothing worse that paying for shipping in the 2023...I also know Amazon is to blame for this thought process, but with the price of albums on Bandbox and other sites, shipping seems like it should be baked into the price.

There's nothing worse that paying for shipping in the 2023...I also know Amazon is to blame for this thought process, but with the price of albums on Bandbox and other sites, shipping seems like it should be baked into the price.

This is why the $10 dollar deal should have never happened. Never over promise something you can't deliver.

At some point didn't membership also grant free shipping on orders? I haven't seen that in a while and assume this announcement cements the end of that as well.

I think it used to be free shipping on everything to be honest because I was a member back when Death Cab and the Hold Steady.

Oh man. I don't think I've ever pitied a Customer Service team more than the poor kids working Bandbox's lines today. Remember to be nice to those cats when you're reaching out, folks.
This is why I'm letting it out here (though I'm not mad at anyone in particular...just disappointed). I'll sit back and wait and see what responses others get and share here. Great reminder for sure though.

Oh man. I don't think I've ever pitied a Customer Service team more than the poor kids working Bandbox's lines today. Remember to be nice to those cats when you're reaching out, folks.

This is why I'm letting it out here (though I'm not mad at anyone in particular...just disappointed). I'll sit back and wait and see what responses others get and share here. Great reminder for sure though.

Also I think it's just Pam. Has anyone ever talked to anyone besides Pam? lol

Just got back a response to a couple questions:

For all prepaid subscriptions, rather than offering a poor subscription platform, we are giving customers the equivalent months left into gift cards. You can use them whenever you want rather than just waiting for one album order each month. We will continue to ship previous orders and will make many more new release announcements this year. We just could not continue to battle with the subscription service which was not working as promised. It created many issues for us and our customers.
Yes, you will also receive the test pressing when the original subscription month approaches.
Please let me know if I can answer any further questions,
Sincerely,
Pam

Back