Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Am I the only one who thinks that early 2000's pop punk is basically unlistenable? I am getting old I guess, because I liked bands like Midtown and NFG in my 20's. It has not aged well, then again I could say the same thing about myself.

In general, I'm not really a fan either.
yeah, I ditched Bandbox a few months ago as they haven't done anything lately that I've been even slightly interested in adding to the collection.

yeah, I ditched Bandbox a few months ago as they haven't done anything lately that I've been even slightly interested in adding to the collection.
Yeah, it's been a whole lot of that genre, but for the half price annual sub that I paid for (with bonus records) I've been able to grab things that I normally wouldn't have at under $10 each. I'm really happy with a lot of the picks I've grabbed. Really stoked for those Black Crowes records that were just added.

Swapped for this for the time being. I haven't heard the acoustic version of Ocean Avenue, but I'll sample it to see if I like it anywhere near as much as the regular version. I know I like Southern Air though.
Listened to Ocean Ave Acoustic and enjoyed it enough to swap for it instead. This decision was made easier by the fact that regular Ocean Avenue doesn't seem to be in print at the moment. If Southern Air is around a while, I may go back for it later.

Am I the only one who thinks that early 2000's pop punk is basically unlistenable? I am getting old I guess, because I liked bands like Midtown and NFG in my 20's. It has not aged well, then again I could say the same thing about myself.

I listened to those types of bands as a teenager circa 2000, as well as some from the more emo side, like Get Up Kids and Jimmy Eat World and such, and I still listen to the latter, but not much of the former (although I'll still happily listen to some Goldfinger from time to time!).

Yeah, was just gonna say that looks a lot like the cover of Penthouse. Hopefully they'll toss another Luna album in the mix as well.

Surprised to see Penthouse hasn't been pressed since the immaculate RSD release a few years back, and that one's listing for $199 on Discogs at the moment.

Back