Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

I have a $39 gift card that I'm trying to apply to Metric for my Dec album and it's not allowing me to apply it. Any ideas why that might be the case? cc @mapsandlegends
I'd be the last person to know how this club works, but with a paid subscription, isn't the monthly choice already paid for? What would be the purpose of applying a coupon/gift card? I know I'm missing something here, so mostly I'm raising the question in the hope it will be answered and I will be one step closer to understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.

I'd be the last person to know how this club works, but with a paid subscription, isn't the monthly choice already paid for? What would be the purpose of applying a coupon/gift card? I know I'm missing something here, so mostly I'm raising the question in the hope it will be answered and I will be one step closer to understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.
I would assume the gift card they are using is a gift for being subscribed. Using a gift card on this particular album for them would make it “free”, whereas making it their selection for December would mean they would have to pay for it.

I would assume the gift card they are using is a gift for being subscribed. Using a gift card on this particular album for them would make it “free”, whereas making it their selection for December would mean they would have to pay for it.
Okay, so then they'd still have to select another record for their subscription for December, which presumably is already paid for through the subscription?

I have a $39 gift card that I'm trying to apply to Metric for my Dec album and it's not allowing me to apply it. Any ideas why that might be the case? cc @mapsandlegends
Sorry about that! Not sure what it could be, but email talk@bandboxrocks.com and we'll take care of it. Glad everyone's pumped about Metric. We've had it booked since like April, so I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Okay, so then they'd still have to select another record for their subscription for December, which presumably is already paid for through the subscription?
Depends on the kind of sub you're doing. If it's month to month then they may be trying to pay for that month's record. Whereas a lot of us are subbed a year at a time prepaid, and in that case you're right.

Depends on the kind of sub you're doing. If it's month to month then they may be trying to pay for that month's record. Whereas a lot of us are subbed a year at a time prepaid, and in that case you're right.
Yeah, basically what @Hemotep said. My prepaid membership recently lapsed but I still had a credit for one album left. But I got it all figured out, thanks @mapsandlegends !

Back