Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

I was already excited for Presidents, as it was a favorite as a teen, but I streamed it this afternoon and I'm even more excited to finally get this on wax. Plus CS was able to put Froggystyle for my January pick, so I can officially say that BandBox has been a far better experience than VMP ever was for me. I'd like them to do a good metal album, since it's a genre that gets overlooked. Khemis or Ghost would probably have the widest appeal, but there are a lot of great options that have crossover appeal with those who don't typically go for metal.

Nice to see the excitement for Bandbox here. I agree, a far more positive and helpful CS experience and @mapsandlegends dropping clues on here totally trumps their competitors. I have faith that they will have plenty of surprises over the next year but I also have to highlight a few of their current exclusives - Jose Gonzales, Laura Stevenson, Watchhouse, Gaslight Anthem, Knxlwdge and Adrianne Lenker are all really worth sampling. Any other recommendations?

Nice to see the excitement for Bandbox here. I agree, a far more positive and helpful CS experience and @mapsandlegends dropping clues on here totally trumps their competitors. I have faith that they will have plenty of surprises over the next year but I also have to highlight a few of their current exclusives - Jose Gonzales, Laura Stevenson, Watchhouse, Gaslight Anthem, Knxlwdge and Adrianne Lenker are all really worth sampling. Any other recommendations?
I hadn't heard of Larkin Poe before, but I streamed it and like it a lot.

Divine fits

Hasn't been talked about much on here, but that Slow Pulp album is pretty solid too.

Grabbed that PUSA s/t for December....if Motion City Soundtrack drops in Dec, I'm gonna have to contact cs about making that my January album, or snatch it up with my 3mo gift card 🤔

I really like the Bedouine album if that’s still available

Back