Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Anyone spent all their gift cards yet? I'm tempted to go all out and get American Football LP1 and/or 2, Greensky Bluegrass, Luna, and Rufus before the 20OFF code expires. I also might throw some other stuff in there, since I have my bonus record gift cards too...but was also considering saving those for future releases.

Also...free shipping is gone now. $8.99 on every order...

Anyone spent all their gift cards yet? I'm tempted to go all out and get American Football LP1 and/or 2, Greensky Bluegrass, Luna, and Rufus before the 20OFF code expires. I also might throw some other stuff in there, since I have my bonus record gift cards too...but was also considering saving those for future releases.

I am holding onto mine. About the only think I want that I haven't preordered is Greensky Bluegrass. They are bound to have some stuff I love eventually and I am still holding out for sales in the future when all the stuff they have on preorder shows up.

When I tried ordering just a single record, shipping is $4.99.

Opened my froggystyle…no zine, or autographs, included…time to email customer service:(

I ordered froggystyle and my wife ordered PUSA. Neither arrived autographed. 👎
Same :-(

I even emailed before they shipped it to make sure it would come with them and was told it would and they wouldn't ship it until they had the signed zines.

I have way too many gift cards there at the moment…did order Penthouse and Fin with the coupon code and shipping was $6.99. Still have something like $200 in gift cards left

I have way too many gift cards there at the moment…did order Penthouse and Fin with the coupon code and shipping was $6.99. Still have something like $200 in gift cards left
I emailed them and they created an invoice for America Football 1 and 2. I’m going to add a couple (Lina and Rufus) and take lock that in with whatever the shipping is. From what I’m gathering, it’s 4.99 base and goes up a dollar or two once you add others.

Went back to look at the product pages for each of these that are behind and completely updated the list with all new releases. I kept old shipping updates, but some obviously aren't happening (Free Range, Caspar Babypants, YLT).

March
Free Range - No update ships week of 5/22 No Update
Caspar Babypants - Ship week of 5/1 Ships week of 5/22 Currently Shipping

April
Judas Priest
Bonetones - ships week of 5/29 ships week of 6/12
Hadley Caliman

May
Black Crowes - Croweology and Warpaint
Yo La Tengo - Ship week of 5/1 ships week of 5/22
Anthrax - Currently Shipping
Third Eye Blind - Currently Shipping
Bob Mould - ETA Unknown (Previously March)
Braid (Previously April)

June
Imogen Heap 7" set
Charly Bliss
Neko Case
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga, Noise Floor, and The People's Key
Syd - Fin and Broken Hearts Club (Previously May)
Yellowcard - Ocean Ave Acoustic (Previously May)

July
Luna
Jeremy Messersmith
Jordy
Rufus Wainwright - Want One, Want Two, and 7"
They Might Be Giants

August
Greensky Bluegrass
American Football LP1&2
Yellowcard - Southern Air (Previously July)
Kurt Vile

September
GWAR

October
Silverstein

Last edited:
I have to say Bandbox has had some excellent drops over the past few months. Combined with the awesome deal and the customer service it has really given VMP a run for its money
While I am very happy that I was able to take advantage of the deal, I don't think I'll stay here over VMP. There are currently 33 of 74 titles that are in various states of pre-order with no date that we can really trust for delivery. The low price I paid means I don't feel strongly about the moving timelines, but if I paid full price, I wouldn't be thrilled.

Back