Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

Got a feeling some of you will have great interest in this one. Just went up today. Ships in December (theoretically, of course).

View attachment 154404
I like some of Bob’s stuff but not in love with it. I know I’m in the minority here though. Exclusive looks great though. I want some more country/Americana exclusives.

Hope it lasts until November, I did the two Gaslight Anthems for this month!
I don't think you'll have to worry. They've come through on very long lead times before, plus I think even if they were having financial trouble that threatened the company that in today's market they'd easily be able to either raise venture capital or get bought out.

I'm bummed about their poor updates on lead times, but with them I've kind of taken an order it and forget about it approach and then every now and then I get a nice surprise package. I had trouble with the first few I got from them being dish warped, but everyone since has been great (except caP'n Jazz which is kinda noisy). Overall for the year cost I'm happy with them, especially with the great customer service response.

Finally got my Original Sun Sound of Johnny Cash... it came with a vol 1 and 2 zine and a note that my zine had not shipped (?). Happy about the 1 as I did not get Hot and Blue Guitar as I already owned the Zia variant of the sundazed. I'm assuming the note is for Volume 4 (Volume 4 was what was supposed to come with this one right?)

I also ordered the Bob Mould exclusive with credit I had sitting around collecting dust. Am always tempted to use the last of it towards either some Sylvan Esso I don't have or that Ms. Jones soundtrack which would complete my Sharon Jones album collection....

Is Bandbox going to yell at me for selecting a sold out album for my monthly shipment? I figured if it wouldn't go through if I couldn't get it.

Back