Bandbox: an uncompensated review of an interesting new club

It sounds like Luna is one of the titles that were fully pressed and just waiting on payment, so fingers crossed. I know Dean Wareham received about 100 copies for himself to sell at shows last year
i think alvvays wasn't pressed. and a few others but that dude on reddit that works for Echobase seemed to say that the inventory doc may have been incorrect.

was trying to figure out what was in it for VNYL but seems that they are going to be getting some record pressing machines that bandbox bought along with all the inventory.

i think alvvays wasn't pressed. and a few others but that dude on reddit that works for Echobase seemed to say that the inventory doc may have been incorrect.

was trying to figure out what was in it for VNYL but seems that they are going to be getting some record pressing machines that bandbox bought along with all the inventory.
If they are trying to start their own ROTM club then they have a nice mailing list to start with. Toss in a 50% coupon for 6 months and they probably will get a few bites and some goodwill

If they are trying to start their own ROTM club then they have a nice mailing list to start with. Toss in a 50% coupon for 6 months and they probably will get a few bites and some goodwill
figured they get that but $165k for that PLUS they are paying to fulfill 8,000 something orders...guessing the pressing machines + materials were also a big draw.

emailed bandbox@vinylbox.co. got this response already.

"We're still working through our plans leading up to the hearing to finalize everything and will have more to share soon on that. We'll be able to sort what's available vs. not shortly after and plan to work with you to get you whatever we can. Hang on to those screenshots.

Stay tuned,

Team VinylBox"

I was hoping to learn how to make money from home with my goodwill records.
it seems that just the hyperlinks were wrong in the email. if you email bandbox@vinylbox.co you'll get a response.

they will also send you one of those cheap white u-line mailers and a pamphlet on how to pack up your herb alpert records to donate to VNYL.

Vinylbox.co:

VinylBox will launch soon.​

Boxes packed with Double LPs, limited editions and even some exclusives landing in the US for the first time ever.​

they are owned by VNYL. looks like they are gonna start trying to do a subscription service with some exclusives. most likely bandbox stuff to start but they will now own record presses too.

they are owned by VNYL. looks like they are gonna start trying to do a subscription service with some exclusives. most likely bandbox stuff to start but they will now own record presses too.
So they are gonna recoup their money through selling the stuff bandbox didn’t and by getting the press operational.

Also, there is something very funny about VNYL buying Bandbox and naming their new venture Vinylbox. And something very ironic about them buying presses as the whole VMP press thing seemingly imploded.

So they are gonna recoup their money through selling the stuff bandbox didn’t and by getting the press operational.

Also, there is something very funny about VNYL buying Bandbox and naming their new venture Vinylbox. And something very ironic about them buying presses as the whole VMP press thing seemingly imploded.
i knew bandbox buying pressing machine(s) was a bad idea the moment it was mentioned here that they were doing it. at least Vinyl Me Pressing hired the right people to set up a pressing plant. they just uh didn't tell VMP that they were paying for it all out of VMP's pockets hah.

i knew bandbox buying pressing machine(s) was a bad idea the moment it was mentioned here that they were doing it. at least Vinyl Me Pressing hired the right people to set up a pressing plant. they just uh didn't tell VMP that they were paying for it all out of VMP's pockets hah.
I wonder how many bandbux it takes to buy a press?

I wonder how many bandbux it takes to buy a press?
i think the VMP suit said that they spent upwards of $200k on their presses? but not sure what that included and how many they bought vs what bandbox had. based on the paperwork here, seems that VNYL will get at least one machine plus PVC pellets and stuff (hazardous waste is listed as one of the assets they are buying hah). Or maybe hazardous waste is another name for that Jordy album bandbox released?

i think the VMP suit said that they spent upwards of $200k on their presses? but not sure what that included and how many they bought vs what bandbox had. based on the paperwork here, seems that VNYL will get at least one machine plus PVC pellets and stuff (hazardous waste is listed as one of the assets they are buying hah). Or maybe hazardous waste is another name for that Jordy album bandbox released?
I think the stuff lacquers is made of 1000000% constitutes hazardous waste.

We sure do have an eco-friendly hobby.

I think the stuff lacquers is made of 1000000% constitutes hazardous waste.
unsure if bandbox was attempting to plate their own lacquers though. would be wild for a company to buy a whole setup for plating and pressing without any kind of experience....but then again sounds like maybe bandbox would have done that hah

unsure if bandbox was attempting to plate their own lacquers though. would be wild for a company to buy a whole setup for plating and pressing without any kind of experience....but then again sounds like maybe bandbox would have done that hah
I mean that’s what VMP did, they just had the good sense to get a couple of top notch guys on the payroll.

I mean that’s what VMP did, they just had the good sense to get a couple of top notch guys on the payroll.
well yea--that's a huge difference though haha. getting one of the best plant managers in the world to run your plant is a good move. buying expensive equipment and trying to press stuff yourself is stupid, especially when you're as small as bandbox was. VMP has about 2.5x more monthly customers than bandbox even had orders over the past year or so.

VMPlant fell apart because they lost outside funding then seemingly decided to siphon money from VMP into the plant.

Back