Atlanta

Going to Atlanta in two weeks to see The National. What's fun to do there? Bringing my wife who has been but only in a work capacity. We're going to get a car. Our hotel will be out near the Braves stadium and Coca Cola Roxy where the show is. We're not opposed to driving to something fun. Going to see about a Braves game before the show if I can find some shaded seats. Thanks.

I guess it really depends on what you're into. There are plenty of breweries to check out if you like beer, there's even a cidery. I like the Beltline trail, there's a lot of cool art and it goes through some pretty cool/trendy parts of town. There's a lot of shops and restaurants that are all around that area as well.

(Safely) Assuming you're into vinyl, you can always check out some of the shops:

Waterloo Sunset is a new one in Battery Park (Braves Stadium area). Little 5 Points is an eclectic part of town that features Criminal Records, Wax n' Facts and Moods Music. Wuxtry Records (which VMP calls the best one in the state) has its 2nd location in Decatur, which is also in the Atlanta area.

I'm sure others can chime in with other suggestions (and possibly better record stores... I'm still pretty new to vinyl).

Def check out Lil 5 Points. It’s a nice area, Criminal Records is located out there. Best record store in ATL imo. You’ll also be close to Waterloo Records, it’s near the braves stadium. I’m vegan so I can’t really suggest any restaurants cause I mostly eat at vegan restaurants. We have plenty of comedy clubs too.

Criminal Records and Waterloo Sunset were both really cool. Thanks for the recommendations!

Def check out Lil 5 Points. It’s a nice area, Criminal Records is located out there. Best record store in ATL imo. You’ll also be close to Waterloo Records, it’s near the braves stadium. I’m vegan so I can’t really suggest any restaurants cause I mostly eat at vegan restaurants. We have plenty of comedy clubs too.

I don’t know if you like Jamaican food but there’s a place in ATL called Mangoes and they have vegetarian Ital food And my god that place is amazing.

I had a chance to shop some Atlanta record stores recently and was really impressed with Criminal Records. I've never been to a place with so many display-worthy used records, and their selection overall (new and used) is beyond what could possibly be appreciated with a single visit. Glad I checked it out. (Also went to Waterloo Sunset and Wax 'N Facts, both of which were fun to check out but nowhere near the scale of Criminal (at least as far as I could tell). Glad to have been able to work from the recommendations within this thread.

This Atlanta thread is pretty dead, but I know a few of us regulars are in the neighborhood. Anyone want to plan to meet up and flip the bins at the upcoming show in November? Could plan for a beer before or after too, unless you're a weirdo or I'm a weirdo, but if we're all weirdos it might work out!
294582002_1682543242144609_7503791659165267048_n.jpg

This Atlanta thread is pretty dead, but I know a few of us regulars are in the neighborhood. Anyone want to plan to meet up and flip the bins at the upcoming show in November? Could plan for a beer before or after too, unless you're a weirdo or I'm a weirdo, but if we're all weirdos it might work out!
View attachment 153298

I’m down bro

Back