Ask for Recommendations (or share)

Anyone got any Outlaw Country and Folk/Blues Country recommendations? I've loved everything I've heard so far within both genres.

Already familiar with Townes Van Zandt, Marty Robbins, Blaze Foley, Terry Allen. But I'd love to hear everyone's favorites!

If you want a good intro to Outlaw Country, I'd suggest Wanted! The Outlaws, which is essentially a compilation of previously released material by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Jessi Colter, and Tompall Glaser, all essential artists within the genre.

It was intended to be a cash grab in the late 70s, and its not an album per se, but when I need a good 40 min of Outlaw on vinyl (or a good hour digitally if referring to the 90s reissue), it does the trick for me.

If you are looking for a great album within the genre, I would suggest Red Headed Stranger by Willie Nelson.

Happy listening!

Anyone know of other albums in the same vein as

I'm loving this weird but amazing genre of ambient jazz. I need more.

Anyone know of any bands that are similar to Ovlov?

I think what I realized I'm looking for is more "Shoegaze Punk" but lots of bands that are similar to Ovlov are more just "Shoegaze" and I've heard most/all of their contemporaries.

This'll probably get unanswered here, but anyone know of bands/albums/songs that sound exactly like this song

I'm sure it'll be a various number of 70s/80s pop/rock but I don't know where to begin

This'll probably get unanswered here, but anyone know of bands/albums/songs that sound exactly like this song

I'm sure it'll be a various number of 70s/80s pop/rock but I don't know where to begin

badfinger – wish you were here (1974)
todd rundgren – something/anything (1972)
bee-gees – to whom it may concern (1973)
terry sylvester – s/t (1974)
blue - s/t (1973)
plush – fed (2002)

badfinger – wish you were here (1974)
todd rundgren – something/anything (1972)
bee-gees – to whom it may concern (1973)
terry sylvester – s/t (1974)
blue - s/t (1973)
plush – fed (2002)
This may seem like a weird suggestion, but check out Alex G's God Save the Animals from last year. It's an excellent album, and while I'm well steeped in 70's music, his is the first album that came to mind when I listened to what you posted.

One cut won't do it justice, but here you go: (Also think Rundgren is a good one.)

Back