Arts & Crafts Record Club

I'm swapping for Most Serene Republic - Universe and am thinking about either BSS - Hug of Thunder or the Pierre Kwenders album.

It's a Canadian classic for sure!
100%. Back in the day, I got dragged by my roommate to see her on tour for You Were Here at The Railway Club in Vancouver. Sat on the floor in front of the stage and bought the CD (which had a different hand-drawn cover). Anyways, I love Sarah Harmer, seen her like 10 times since; I highly recommend You Were Here.

100%. Back in the day, I got dragged by my roommate to see her on tour for You Were Here at The Railway Club in Vancouver. Sat on the floor in front of the stage and bought the CD (which had a different hand-drawn cover). Anyways, I love Sarah Harmer, seen her like 10 times since; I highly recommend You Were Here.

Man, The Railway Club was so great.

Man, The Railway Club was so great.
So great. Saw so many amazing shows there, not to mention it was a fun place to hang out even when there wasn't an artist I cared about on. Fun Sarah Harmer adjacent anecdote - I got drunk with Luther Wright in the little artist room there once while interviewing him for the UBC paper. His show after was a little sloppy after, but was super fun.

unnamed-1.jpg

Kevin Drew's Aging is probably a swap for me. Currently leaning toward Georgia Harmer or maybe Amy Millan. That said, I'll likely give Drew a cursory glance before I make my decision - BSS has never clicked for me, but now could be the time.

Haley Blais’ Wisecrack is leaning towards keeper for me, but I'll give it a cursory glance as well and if anything changes will lean toward one of the abovementioned swap options.

For my last month in the club I'm going with Andy Shauf - Wilds and I'll keep Haley Blais Wisecrack. I previewed a couple tracks from it and I like the production and quirkiness I heard.

Back