Anyone remember the label Tiny Engines and all the controversy? Check this out...

eatdogs

I'm really glad that all the issues with the label and artists have been taken care of and I look forward to what they do next.

Tiny Engines we're a favorite of mine just like Count Your Lucky Stars, Topshelf Records, and Run For Cover Records.

Some of their past artists have lent their approval/excitement. I haven’t seen any disapproval yet but maybe there has been some. It sounds like the problematic accounting and business practices were mainly the fault of the other owner who has slunk away and that people seem to trust the remaining owner.

Speaking more broadly, is it me who has fallen off the radar or has the emo/math rock/Topshelf/Tiny Engines/90s alt-rock revival wave faded a ton over the last 3-5 years? It felt like I had a ton of new music in those genres to listen to every month and a lot of those bands either pivoted to more pop/electronic sounds or haven’t released anything new and I haven’t been in the loop on the new bands.

Some of their past artists have lent their approval/excitement. I haven’t seen any disapproval yet but maybe there has been some. It sounds like the problematic accounting and business practices were mainly the fault of the other owner who has slunk away and that people seem to trust the remaining owner.

Speaking more broadly, is it me who has fallen off the radar or has the emo/math rock/Topshelf/Tiny Engines/90s alt-rock revival wave faded a ton over the last 3-5 years? It felt like I had a ton of new music in those genres to listen to every month and a lot of those bands either pivoted to more pop/electronic sounds or haven’t released anything new and I haven’t been in the loop on the new bands.
Yeah it's definitely fallen off. I'm a huge Emo fan though and the collecting scene has been huge for me because many classics and out of print super rare stuff are all getting either reissued or collected into discographies.

Last edited:
Back