Amp help

Captainfog

Admaxistrator
Admin
I have an onkyo av receiver tx-sr308

Rear and centre speaker are A and front left and right are B

At the weekend I decorated my lounge and now I've put everything back together I can't get surround sound.

If I select a then those speakers produce sound.

If I select b then those speakers produce sound.

If I select both then only B plays.

It's driving me mad. Please somebody help.

Attachments

• IMG_20200422_165548.jpg
    IMG_20200422_165548.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 9
I have an onkyo av receiver tx-sr308

Rear and centre speaker are A and front left and right are B

At the weekend I decorated my lounge and now I've put everything back together I can't get surround sound.

If I select a then those speakers produce sound.

If I select b then those speakers produce sound.

If I select both then only B plays.

It's driving me mad. Please somebody help.

a/b are main speakers

you should have separate speaker terminals for surround left and right as well as center channel.

so you’ll use

main speaker A
Surround left and right
Center channel

Main speaker B is in case you want a pair of speakers in another room or patio or whatever.

a/b are main speakers

you should have separate speaker terminals for surround left and right as well as center channel.

so you’ll use

main speaker A
Surround left and right
Center channel

Main speaker B is in case you want a pair of speakers in another room or patio or whatever.

So on here I should move the speakers wired into the A into B ??? I have front right and and left, centre and rear right and left speakers.

Screenshot_20200422-190540.png

So on here I should move the speakers wired into the A into B ??? I have front right and and left, centre and rear right and left speakers.

View attachment 42630

Your fronts should be in A, your rears in grey and blue and your centre in green. The bit marked b (red an white) is, as hifiguy said, for a second set of front speakers, say in another room or outside on the patio.

Use the binding posts on the left for your front speakers.

That's what I've done already. But before sound came out of all five at the same time. I'm scratching my head because I can't seem to make that happen any more.

Back