Albums That Need to Be Pressed / Repressed on Vinyl

All of Tom Waits’ Island and Anti records as the indie exclusive color versions that his Asylum one’s got last year

The Mars Volta’s entire discography with Scabdates not being a picture disc

HORSE the Band’s entire discography with Pizza EP not being a picture disc

Animal Collective’s Campfire Songs and Panda Bear’s self titled

Wes Anderson soundtrack box set

Last edited:
Maria McKee - Life is Sweet

One of my absolute favourite records from the 1990s. Think there's sadly v little chance as if I've understood correctly the record company hated this as it was nothing like Show Me Heaven (it's not even on Spotify). But I adore it. (And from memory Mojo ranked it 2nd best album of whichever year it's from). It features some savage guitars and really soaring vocals.

55905-huge.jpg

2 LP, as the cd. One red, one yellow.
And a 7" with this version:

All of the BN Ambrose Akinmusire albums either need repressing or first time pressing (depending on the album). That you can’t get his releases on vinyl is insane.

All of the BN Ambrose Akinmusire albums either need repressing or first time pressing (depending on the album). That you can’t get his releases on vinyl is insane.
I've said it before and will say it again but Blue Note's attitude to their more recent releases is crazy. Another one I've got into recently is James Francies' Flight. No vinyl release. Wish they would take as good care of their current stuff as they do with their archival releases.

not sure if anyones noticed, but the termper trap reissued conditions for the 10th anni. such a great album. saw them live when they just released it at acl ten years ago (when it wasnt such a hioster fest / two weekend affair). they were great live and the album still amazes me.

Someone over on the PIF thread just gave away When The Heart Emerges Glistening on vinyl. It was pressed for the VMP box set. Check the discogs link for the Blue Note Anthology box set because people have been selling off individual albums from it. The album sounds awesome on vinyl (it was pressed at 45RPM).

Here's one I doubt anyone else gives a shit about but is a big deal to me

It appears Neil Cicierega has been working with Needlejuice Records to press some of his more recent Lemon Demon material, but I would kill for some of his older albums on vinyl. Highly unlikely though considering he doesn't seem to hold them in very high esteem. But still - Hip to the Javabean and Damn Skippy ruled my childhood and I love them despite their more amateurish DIY feel. I think it'd be awesome, but likely just to remain a fantasy 😔
Little did I know, five days after I made this post, Needlejuice Records said this on Twitter

Tracy Chapman’s S/T needs a reissue/remaster.

I’m kicking myself for the many, many, times I passed up great condition copies in the wild for like $20. The cheapest copy on discogs based in the US at VG+ (media) is $55 + shipping.

And they should press New Beginning while they’re at it. Never been on vinyl and deserves to be

Back