AC/DC- All Hells Bells Thread

Damn on my birthday... 🍺
Seeing Bon was a really cool experience I'm sure.

The Brian vs Bon voice is a highly discussed topic.

Those album covers are so badass. I have HTH also.

I mean I have Highway to Hell on CD and a copy of Back to Black on vinyl arriving tomorrow. I do own files of the entire catalog though. Well. minus Power Up. Powerage and For Those About to Rock are also pretty awesome.

I've never seen them live.

I don't understand the Brian vs Bon voice argument. AC/DC is a band that has pretty well established that the vocalist doesn't really matter. lol.

I never got the weird hate in some "audiophile" circles for AC/DC, but whatever. Anyway, Highway to Hell and even though it was rung up as a "commercial" album, I still really like Back in Black.

View attachment 145830

View attachment 145831

My ticket stub from '79. Very lucky to have seen Bon. Openers were Point Blank and Molly Hatchet. Set me back a whole $7...

View attachment 145834
@Yer Ol' Uncle D, I saw the same tour my friend, Oct. 19th 1979, Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, Pat Travers and Molly Hatchett opened, lol. I was 15 and went with a friend and his older brother, in hind site, it was great to have seen Bon with the group at least once, Ya, tickets were $9.00 for this one, saw them again for my birthday, Nov 19th 1981 at the Rosemont Horizon with Brian on vocals. Enjoyed both very much :)

I mean I have Highway to Hell on CD and a copy of Back to Black on vinyl arriving tomorrow. I do own files of the entire catalog though. Well. minus Power Up. Powerage and For Those About to Rock are also pretty awesome.

I don't understand the Brian vs Bon voice argument. AC/DC is a band that has pretty well established that the vocalist doesn't really matter. lol.
Changing of the lead vocals is going to cause all kind of stir, but I do agree Brian Johnson was a fine replacement.

I don't know what copy you have coming but the BIB I grabbed from Plaid looks to be a 2003 copy.

I think most of these available today are from remastered tape, which was a nice surprise to me.

View attachment 145830

View attachment 145831

My ticket stub from '79. Very lucky to have seen Bon. Openers were Point Blank and Molly Hatchet. Set me back a whole $7...

View attachment 145834

My top two as well! The Bon Scott years are....

giphy.gif

Power Up is shockingly good, probably their best since Razor's Edge. Somehow the formula still works, even now.

AC/DC Who Made Who
"Maximum Overdrive" Soundtrack

RL mastered
These seem to be flying under the radar in this vinyl craziness.
Sounds excellent like everything Ludwig touches in the rock area.

I was able to pick up a Mint unopened copy from the Cogs for $25.Was very cool to open a 36 year old record for the first time.
20220715_171142.jpg

AC/DC Who Made Who
"Maximum Overdrive" Soundtrack

RL mastered
These seem to be flying under the radar in this vinyl craziness.
Sounds excellent like everything Ludwig touches in the rock area.

I was able to pick up a Mint unopened copy from the Cogs for $25.Was very cool to open a 36 year old record for the first time.
View attachment 146072
This was the album that kicked off my love for AC/DC. I got the cassette when I was in high school and wore it out driving around in my '64 Buick Skylark, banging my head to "Who Made Who" and "Sink the Pink." And in a piece of beautiful symmetry what kicked off my vinyl fetish over the last decade was a colleague of mine gifting me three albums, one of which was this. Absolutely fantastic album.

Also, Maximum Overdrive (the movie) is both objectively terrible and totally excellent.

Power Up is shockingly good, probably their best since Razor's Edge. Somehow the formula still works, even now.
I’ve listened to it a few times. Not having it isn’t really a dig against it. I bought the disco as a package before it came out.

This was the album that kicked off my love for AC/DC. I got the cassette when I was in high school and wore it out driving around in my '64 Buick Skylark, banging my head to "Who Made Who" and "Sink the Pink." And in a piece of beautiful symmetry what kicked off my vinyl fetish over the last decade was a colleague of mine gifting me three albums, one of which was this. Absolutely fantastic album.

Also, Maximum Overdrive (the movie) is both objectively terrible and totally excellent.

Yeah, this was the first AC/DC I owned, also on cassette.

Just posted this in the challenge thread. Felt compelled to place it here as well.

If you like AC/DC and don't know these guys, you're welcome.

An early 90's Hollywood band that should've been huge but tragedy got the best of 'em. The record didn't take off as expected. Singer Frank Starr got hit by a car and killed. Drummer Dimwit (the brother of Chuck Biscuits) OD'd. It just wasn't in the cards.

But what a fun, rockin' band. The American AC/DC with all the riffage, a better sense of humor and a southern streak.

Two great songs about the trappings of stardom.

Well I ride around in limos all over this town
My women pick me up, whoo, when I fall down
Another maid's waiting just to answer the phone
And to tell everybody that I ain't home
Let it rock

The Four Horsemen - Nobody Said It Was Easy

20220723_003818.jpg

Rolled the cogs dice with this VG High Voltage.
Gotta say I am pleasantly surprised.
It's a Porky cut but doesn't have a jacket.

Sounds ridiculously good.
The bagpipes are famous.
The great Bon Scott on vocals.

If anyone comes across any decent jackets, please hollar. Just want something half decent for a cover.
20220728_000903.jpg

Rolled the cogs dice with this VG High Voltage.
Gotta say I am pleasantly surprised.
It's a Porky cut but doesn't have a jacket.

Sounds ridiculously good.
The bagpipes are famous.
The great Bon Scott on vocals.

If anyone comes across any decent jackets, please hollar. Just want something half decent for a cover.
View attachment 147171
I'll keep an eye out but I would recommend trying to frankenstein a good one via cogs -- anything with a VG or better cover but an F record -- I did the same for a tom waits and wound up with something quite nice.

Back