A Problem Called Morrissey And What To Do About It

But Bragg telling young people to vote Labour in the 80’s is no different to Morrissey stating vote Britain First now
For me encouraging a vote for labour is indeed very different than encouraging a vote for Britain First.

For me encouraging a vote for labour is indeed very different than encouraging a vote for Britain First.

Maybe in the 80s. Under the current anti-Semitic (or at best anti-Semite enabling) leadership not so much...

There is literally no party in the UK that is worthy of a vote (there are Labour candidates I’d vote for under a different leadership), what a wretched state of affairs

Maybe in the 80s. Under the current anti-Semitic (or at best anti-Semite enabling) leadership not so much...

There is literally no party in the UK that is worthy of a vote (there are Labour candidates I’d vote for under a different leadership), what a wretched state of affairs

True. What a terrible state of affairs when the 3 worst prime ministers in history are enabled by the worst leader of the opposition ever.

True. What a terrible state of affairs when the 3 worst prime ministers in history are enabled by the worst leader of the opposition ever.

True but at least the two main parties at least believe in different things rather than our two main parties being marginally different centre right parties whose appeal is seemingly based on the side they took during the civil war almost 100 years ago...

True but at least the two main parties at least believe in different things rather than our two main parties being marginally different centre right parties whose appeal is seemingly based on the side they took during the civil war almost 100 years ago...

Joe, I live in Belfast. That seems like a reasonable alternative

Joe, I live in Belfast. That seems like a reasonable alternative

Yes, I try not to think about your hornets nest up there, that is truly baffling...

...still no one openly anti-Semitic that I’ve heard of recently so you have that on the uk Labour Party...

It’s not much better on the other side of the pond. I hold two passports (Brazil and USA) and I can’t quite tell which country has a worse leader right now. Sorry to bring up politics, I’m working on a 9% Imperial IPA as I type. Oh wait, this is not the beer thread either?

Smiths are great, solo Morrissey is meh (some good singles!), Morrissey the Person bad. That’s as well as I can explain myself right now. Tbh I’d still see him in concert if he came to my small town.

Funny. As I type this I'm revisiting The Dears' "No Cities Left" album from the early 2000s, and Murray Lightburn's voice sound quite a bit like Morrissey's. So it is kind of like listening to really good solo Morrissey without any of the problematic right wing bullshit.

This is wack as fuck

I mean, getting past the greediness and the bad form of selling the records of other artists with his autograph on them...his signature is surprisingly lame. I thought he'd at least have a decent looking autograph.

I think he’s unwell. The picture of him in that Guardian t-shirt, I didn’t recognise him at first.

018386AE-F7BF-44F8-82B9-1963A7037B0A.jpeg

Never mind the t-shirt, look at his trousers. What the fuck?
He never would have been seen on stage like this. And the terrible terrible opinions. It’s like all of his worst tendencies have become grotesquely warped. But the main evidence that he isn’t himself is he is signing Bowie records, when he has been notoriously cool with Bowie since the mid-90s.

Back