A Big Thank You

Captainfog

Admaxistrator
Admin
Hey Everyone,

I need to say thank you to a few people.

1) Firstly, none of this would have been possible without the generosity of the VMP forumers. You donated a huge amount of money which allowed us to set this place up and secure it's future for the next couple of years. YOU ARE ALL AMAZING. Seriously, we are overwhelmed by the response.

2) A big thanks to @AnthonyI @RenegadeMonster and @AndySlash who were the technical brains behind it all, without them we would have still have been googling "what is a server?"

3) To @gouis and @Colonel_Angus for first floating the idea of an alternative forum last year and who were quick to jump on board to help get this show on the road.

4) To my fellow VMP moderators @mcherry and @David A. for having the energy and enthusiasm to dedicate so much of their time in the last couple of days to help make this happen.

Please be patient with us as we iron out bugs and get this place looking how we want it. We've already achieved so much in a very short space of time and pretty soon Needles & Grooves is going to the most awesome music hangout on the internet. I mean, with all of you here, how could it not.

Love,
Foggy

Hey Everyone,

1) Firstly, none of this would have been possible without the generosity of the VMP forumers. You donated a huge amount of money which allowed us to set this place up and secure it's future for the next couple of years. YOU ARE ALL AMAZING. Seriously, we are overwhelmed by the response.

2) A big thanks to @AnthonyI @RenegadeMonster and @AndySlash who were the technical brains behind it all, without them we would have still have been googling "what is a server?"

3) To @gouis and @Colonel_Angus for first floating the idea of an alternative forum last year and who were quick to jump on board to help get this show on the road.

4) To my fellow VMP moderators @mcherry and @David A. for having the energy and enthusiasm to dedicate so much of their time in the last couple of days to help make this happen.

Please be patient with us as we iron out bugs and get this place looking how we want it. We've already achieved so much in a very short space of time and pretty soon Needles & Grooves is going to the most awesome music hangout on the internet. I mean, with all of you here, how could it not.

Love,
Foggy
I can only second that. Y’all are doing Gods work

Hey Everyone,

Love,
Foggy

You guys are the best. You deserve some rest now. The most important was to have this new place and you have more than fulfilled my expectations. The time will come to slowly make a few changes and iron out bugs! Again, thank you very very much!

Just want to add my gratitude firstly to the good people who assisted fundraising for this and then to the wonderful group of people involved in making it all a reality.

3 years ago, I never thought the last place would have become such an enormous part of my daily ritual. It did, and when the closure announcement came it was more than a little upsetting. The effort to make this not only a new and exciting alternative but in such a crazy quick timeframe is nothing short of a miracle.

Thank you all for continuing to be a part of my life. You’re all the best.

Cheers
Mick x

Hey Everyone,

Love,
Foggy
a massive thanks must go to you and the whole Team that worked tirelessly to rescue the situation and get this place up and running in record time.
we now have a new home, thanks to you, so give yourself have a rest and crack few cans open to celebrate this momentous event.

giphy.gif

And I’m truly grateful for everybody that has made this place our lovely new home.

Infinite props! Already better than the other forums in less than 48 hours. People seem happier already... I think this will facilitate music and regular discussion that far exceeds the scope of the previous forum.

It occurred to me that I also wanted to chime in with a thanks but then hello, LIFE, etc. But still, I thank you all.

I thank the members who donated, I thank my fellow admins, I even thank the 48hrs of high stress in a mad scrabble of pm’s amongst us former vmp mods and members working on figuring out what to do and building this place bc dammit you learn a lot about folks willing to donate their time to a cause that might fail, and I thank all of you who followed us here to make this place your own. You didn’t have to. There were alternatives. But you looked around as our former home was burning down, grabbed what mattered, and made a leap that we, former mods that you may not have liked and forum members you may not have interacted with much, would do what we could to save the community. If there had been more notice maybe another group would’ve coalesced to take charge of the move, maybe something more preferable to some of you than what we have here. I want you to know that your choice to still follow us here is appreciated. Everyone’s choice to be here means you’ve put trust in us. I do not take that leap of faith lightly.

Last year it occurred to some of us the forum may be closed. I didn’t really believe it at the time but even then I knew that what I wanted to preserve most was this crazy, infuriating, loving, fun, generous group and how we interacted with each other. I didn’t want to invade another space and watch us assimilate to that space’s culture. I wanted what we had built. Our space, our way of doing things. At the same time, we’re starting again, figuring out how to stand on our own, working out what that means. There will be trips and stumbles but that’s just life. I look around and see everything I hoped for us and more. So, thank you. Thank you.

Back