Political Discussion

How racist do you have to be to decide that this is the right thing to do?

“When you read about this man — who he was, what he stood for, his character, his loyalty, his leadership, how Godly a man he was — those standards that he had were much higher than any leadership of the school system in 2020,” said Tom Streett, one the board members.

Pretty racist apparently.

How racist do you have to be to decide that this is the right thing to do?

“When you read about this man — who he was, what he stood for, his character, his loyalty, his leadership, how Godly a man he was — those standards that he had were much higher than any leadership of the school system in 2020,” said Tom Streett, one the board members.

Pretty racist apparently.
Stonewall Jackson was a slave owner that fought against the United States. Tommy musta missed that part when he was reading about Stonewall “Shot by his own troops” Jackson.

The ghost of Tecumseh Sherman might need to march to the sea again as a reminder.

The New York Times winning a pulitzer for their widely disputed coverage of october 7th makes more sense when you remember the pulitzers are handed out by Columbia, the current epicenter of the militant Gaza protest crackdown. It's not always you get such a clear cut and obvious example of manufacturing consent, but there you go. Shams.

Was DJT trying to do "comedy" with his Hannibal Lecter schtick?
kung-fu-panda-master-shifu-twitching-eye-0jn5pq938hj5e3l1.webp

I don't know if this is something we have discussed here yet, but it was something I was reading about over the weekend that is going to be a huge impact on public education.

One of the last remaining covid public health emergency funs paid school districts aid through this school year. It does not exist anymore for the 2024/2025 school year and teachers across the country are bracing for layoffs as their school districts take a steep decline in funding for the next school year.

Very few school districts will not be impacted and be forced to scale back budgets and make cuts.

Some states will be impacted more so than others. For example, some states balanced their budgets by cutting from education as the public health emergency was funding education.

So, understaffed and cash strapped schools are only going to see things continue to decline.

Has anyone here heard more on this topic?

I don't know if this is something we have discussed here yet, but it was something I was reading about over the weekend that is going to be a huge impact on public education.

One of the last remaining covid public health emergency funs paid school districts aid through this school year. It does not exist anymore for the 2024/2025 school year and teachers across the country are bracing for layoffs as their school districts take a steep decline in funding for the next school year.

Very few school districts will not be impacted and be forced to scale back budgets and make cuts.

Some states will be impacted more so than others. For example, some states balanced their budgets by cutting from education as the public health emergency was funding education.

So, understaffed and cash strapped schools are only going to see things continue to decline.

Has anyone here heard more on this topic?
So the superintendent is cutting budgets at schools where I work. The results have been cutting campus aide and mental health workers at schools. The two unions had a rally during the school board meetings and made a public comment.

Considering that we had a campus aide physically prevent a suicide on campus as well as all the mental health professionals that provide interventions for crisis behaviors. These cuts are very short sighted.

Student performance will go down, discipline problems will go up, cronic absenteeism will go unchecked. And the school system will be blamed.

But at least we aren’t spreading LGBTQ propaganda and critical race theory right 🤷‍♂️.

Apparently Trump is also going to sit out on any debates with Biden heading into the 2024 election.
I heard Biden wants two debates but is eschewing the bi-partisan debate commission. Also, he wants microphones cut off after the allotted time, no third-party candidates, and no audience. Hosted by news organizations at a TV Studio. One in June and one in September.

And Trump seemingly agreed to the debates on social media last night.

I don’t think either really wants to debate and I would be surprised if it actually happens but at least right now, Trump is saying he’s willing to debate.

I heard Biden wants two debates but is eschewing the bi-partisan debate commission. Also, he wants microphones cut off after the allotted time, no third-party candidates, and no audience. Hosted by news organizations at a TV Studio. One in June and one in September.

And Trump seemingly agreed to the debates on social media last night.

I don’t think either really wants to debate and I would be surprised if it actually happens but at least right now, Trump is saying he’s willing to debate.
It really infuriates me that in a supposedly democratic society that those running for the highest office can dictate how questions are asked of them and whether they even want to debate or not.

It really infuriates me that in a supposedly democratic society that those running for the highest office can dictate how questions are asked of them and whether they even want to debate or not.
Yeah, there should be a constitutional amendment that requires at least 3 debates but I doubt that will ever happen since we don’t actually amend the constitution anymore even though society has changed more in the past 30 years than in the previous 220 years.

My guess is neither wants to debate but neither wants to be seen as unwilling to debate so they will each make some specific “deal-breaker” type demands and when the other side refuses to comply they will attempt to blame their opponent as being unreasonable and thus save face.

He’s not going to debate an empty chair. This isn’t the 2012 GOP National Convention. Though Biden is almost the same age that Clint Eastwood was at the time.
That's not what I'm proposing. Forgive the cobwebs but iirc Trump did this sort of dance last election and it was floated that Biden would get to use the TV time to host a town hall, answer questions, and basically get free reign to bring his platform to undecided voters. Per wikipedia, Equal Time means the networks need to give candidates equivalent access, so I imagine that'd just open the door for a programming block of unfettered Don.

Back