Your favorite live music memories

sarcasticfairyprincess

I've shamelessly stolen this idea from the posts Pitchfork has been making on Instagram recently. I miss live music and I'm sure you guys do, too. So tell me some of your favorite live music memories. Good, bad, happy, sappy, I wanna hear them.

I'll kick us off. In February of 2016 - it may have been on Valentine's Day, but I might be wrong - I had tickets to see Kacey Musgrave. This would have been fine, but I was so wrapped up in buying a ticket to see her, I forgot I had a ticket to see Hop Along in a small club across town that night. So I did what any self respecting music fan would do, and decided to see both acts in the same night. I knew the club tended to start their shows LATE. Like main act coming on between 10-11pm. And I knew the larger venue liked to have the main act off, usually before 11. So I decided to take the gamble.

The Kacey show was great, save for me being surrounded by Ohio State fratboys who kept booing the opener. I got so annoyed with them that I asked them to shut the fuck up. They didn't like that. They started to call me names and get in my face. Without thinking, I somehow managed to grab one of their beers and dump it on the main instigators head. That made them shut up and leave me alone, but I could hear them calling me a bitch the rest of the night. Whatever. An older couple that was next to me thanked me, and they walked me to my car after the show ended to make sure the fratboys wouldn't follow me.

So at that point, I drove across town to this really tiny venue that no longer exists. I get there just in time. Hop Along was setting up. The place was packed and I couldn't really see anything, but it was just nice to be there and enjoy the music. After the show, I hung around and managed to meet the band. Super nice folks. I was too shy to ask to get anything signed. I still regret that.

God I miss live shows.

Back