Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Perhaps but the Dovedale is sorta that? This is interesting because it’s still bookshelf sized but is 3 way, I don’t think I’ve seen that before.

I agree, sorta in the sense that it's the next step in the Heritage line but at 5x the price that's a big step that not a lot of Linton owners are likely to make until they buy and sell a few more speakers making reasonable jumps each time.

I agree, sorta in the sense that it's the next step in the Heritage line but at 5x the price that's a big step that not a lot of Linton owners are likely to make until they buy and sell a few more speakers making reasonable jumps each time.

Yeah I suppose my thinking is that they’re both 3 way wide baffle large stand mounts. What do you do to the Linton to make it super without it being too similar to the dovedale. Increase the woofer and mid in size and you’re matching it. Increase the cabinet volume and likely the same. But they are doing the Super Linton so I’m guessing that some of the internal driver mounting and crossover wizardry in the dovedale must make a big difference.

Yeah I suppose my thinking is that they’re both 3 way wide baffle large stand mounts. What do you do to the Linton to make it super without it being too similar to the dovedale. Increase the woofer and mid in size and you’re matching it. Increase the cabinet volume and likely the same. But they are doing the Super Linton so I’m guessing that some of the internal driver mounting and crossover wizardry in the dovedale must make a big difference.

What’s the password?

Back