Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

For some reason even though they've been "investigating" for weeks, VMP still can't tell me why my order from early November of in stock records still hasn't shipped.
I placed an order on December 8TH since it was guaranteed delivery by Christmas if ordered by that date. Just got shipping notice today for said records!

I don't think they ever sent them out the first time! They've been pending shipment the whole time.
I had a similar order and was basically told, “well, those ones are actually really hard to reach”. That shipment got damaged, 3/4 are now out of stock, and I’ve been waiting for five days to hear anything from CS. The variance in response times is wild. From 10 minutes sometimes to a week+ others.

For some reason even though they've been "investigating" for weeks, VMP still can't tell me why my order from early November of in stock records still hasn't shipped.
You should reach out to Paul or ask that the case be escalated, that’s not acceptable. At the very least they need to give you a better answer

I hate to have to do that, but if they don't get back to me again in a couple days I'll try something else.
they recently-ish added a bunch of new CS folks, who I think are still getting their sea-legs. Not that it excuses a 2 month delay and no communication. I think pinging him (via discord or reddit or whatever) would get someone with more experienced eyes on it PDQ and thus resolved faster.

I hate to have to do that, but if they don't get back to me again in a couple days I'll try something else.

Definitely DM Paul in Discord. They are a company that sells themselves, at least in part, on their the quality of their customer service. If you’re not satisfied, let them know. In my experience, it sometimes takes a couple tries, but they usually make it right as best they can.

Streaming Tony Rice and it's good but I kinda wish the whole thing was instrumental
Yeah, I love Tony, but kinda wish they were leading w/ something older of his...or better yet, one of the releases by the Tony Rice Unit! Also not thrilled at the $35 price tag, so will prob. wait for a sale or coupon or just end up skipping this one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I love Tony, but kinda wish they were leading w/ something older of his...or better yet, one of the releases by the Tony Rice Unit! Also not thrilled at the $35 price tag, so will prob. wait for a sale or coupon or just end up skipping this one.
have you or @Jeff Lerner checked out any of Bela Fleck 's albums? I think Tony is on a few and lots of instrumental jams there. Drive is next level.

have you or @Jeff Lerner checked out any of Bela Fleck 's albums? I think Tony is on a few and lots of instrumental jams there. Drive is next level.
I like Bela in all of his combinations, & esp. dig one of his "Tales from the Acoustic Planet" titles. Saw Flecktones live a couple of times & that was always fun.

For those in search of it...

church_street_blues_vinyl_store_1_NEW.jpg

Tony Rice only lasted a few days, that is great to hear for hopes of more bluegrass drops in the future.

Back