Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

These are solid albums IMO. I have a MoFi of Mirage and I think Tango was in those box sets? I’ll skip these unless they go on sale at some point but not mad about them doing exclusive RKS cuts
Tango in the Night was played so often in my house growing up that I think even one more spin would be too much. Combine that with a lunchtime hangover in 1998 spent next to a jukebox that kept skipping from the middle of Everywhere back to the start and I’d be taking my sanity in my own hands going in on this shit.

Near me, most Fleetwood Mac is kinda pricey or tricky to find in good shape. Obviously Rumours is the big one but I don't see Mirage or Tango much, and when I do they are usually $20ish in good shape. Most of the shops immediately near me though are kinda rubbish pricing.

Those FM box sets are great value though. I think I paid $40 or $50 for one of them.

They were reissued pretty recently. I remember buying a box with a pile of cds for Tango for like €50 and it and mirage were reissued for like €20 each at the some time. I want to say less than 5 years ago.

Edit: Both Bellman cuts, who id pick over anyone for this kind of music, and both sound fantastic.

They were reissued pretty recently. I remember buying a box with a pile of cds for Tango for like €50 and it and mirage were reissued for like €20 each at the some time. I want to say less than 5 years ago.
yea i remember tango was in one of the vinyl box sets they did.

yea i remember tango was in one of the vinyl box sets they did.

It is a great album, I don’t feel I need a smithy over a bellers for this type of music. Mirage is the one of their early Buckingham Nicks era stuff that I’m perhaps least enamoured with.

I think they’re on record as saying they tried to do Tusk as an AoTM before so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that appearing next year if that’s the plan.

It is a great album, I don’t feel I need a smithy over a bellers for this type of music. Mirage is the one of their early Buckingham Nicks era stuff that I’m perhaps least enamoured with.

I think they’re on record as saying they tried to do Tusk as an AoTM before so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that appearing next year if that’s the plan.
yea-- they are gonna try to do one Mac album as ROTM. will be interesting to see which one...I might grab Tango with some store credit at some point.

yea-- they are gonna try to do one Mac album as ROTM. will be interesting to see which one...I might grab Tango with some store credit at some point.

It should be tusk. Every house has had at least 3 copies of rumours pass through it and the really good cuts of it done 2011 are still pretty abundant and probably in print.

I also in a lot of ways think tusk is the more interesting and enjoyable album.

It should be tusk. Every house has had at least 3 copies of rumours pass through it and the really good cuts of it done 2011 are still pretty abundant and probably in print.

I also in a lot of ways think tusk is the more interesting and enjoyable album.
i was under the impression that its NOT Rumours. I would guess Tusk or an earlier album.

i was under the impression that its NOT Rumours. I would guess Tusk or an earlier album.

I don’t think they can probably afford to do a pre Buckingham Nicks album and I think tusk is easier to sell as a story and a package than their debut.

Plus I’m 99% sure that I read on here that when they did nicks that they admitted that they wanted to do tusk, it wasn’t straightforward and they took the opportunity to do stevie instead.

At the risk of being incredibly positive about VMP. I signed up for a year a week before the referral codes started kicking about. Emailed CS basically saying that I know thems the breaks but could the do anything and they’ve basically deferred the discount to next years membership for me.

Yes I know it’s premised on me signing up again in 2024 and yes I know there were other things they could have done. But equally they could have told me that’s life and moved on. After all, they already have my money.

So if anyone had just subbed when the code was released. May be worth firing a query into CS. Fair play to VMP

Back