Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

🚨🚨🚨 Swaps Hidden Gem Alert 🚨🚨🚨

God that made me feel like Nathan :ROFLMAO: .

Anyways, out of curiosity I was digging through the store exclusives that VMP has in Swaptions right now and decided to take a chance and stream some albums at random. Low and behold I found a wonderful, sunny, and immersive electronic, ambient, lo-fi type record that kind of dances between chill-hop and psychedelia. That being said there are a few tracks with strong vocal and rap features, but it all clicks.

I quickly realized that I would be delighted to own this album, so I'm swapping Ray Charles for it happily, it will no doubt get way more spins.

Vibes are giving J Dilla took mushrooms in a tropical beach paradise and decided to chop up some soul and bossa nova samples lol.

Some bonus facts: This record seems to be pressed at 45RPM and the 500 records that VMP pressed appear to be the only copies of this album on vinyl period. Even the artist's bandcamp is selling 150 of the 500 VMP records. So it seems to be a true exclusive hidden gem. It is also apparently at Low Stock, so if you like what you hear act fast or you'll have to pay a premium from the bandcamp.

@MikeH I feel like you would enjoy this.

Anyways, out of curiosity I was digging through the store exclusives that VMP has in Swaptions right now and decided to take a chance and stream some albums at random. Low and behold I found a wonderful, sunny, and immersive electronic, ambient, lo-fi type record that kind of dances between chill-hop and psychedelia. That being said there are a few tracks with strong vocal and rap features, but it all clicks.

I quickly realized that I would be delighted to own this album, so I'm swapping Ray Charles for it happily, it will no doubt get way more spins.

Vibes are giving J Dilla took mushrooms in a tropical beach paradise and decided to chop up some soul and bossa nova samples lol.

Some bonus facts: This record seems to be pressed at 45RPM and the 500 records that VMP pressed appear to be the only copies of this album on vinyl period. Even the artist's bandcamp is selling 150 of the 500 VMP records. So it seems to be a true exclusive hidden gem. It is also apparently at Low Stock, so if you like what you hear act fast or you'll have to pay a premium from the bandcamp.

how sexy will this make us feel?

Anyone have that Irma Thomas that's going to be in TBT? Rewatching Tremé the other day and thought that I needed some Irma in the collection (she's in a number of episodes).

EDIT: Also if anyone has a remote interest in New Orleans music, or culture - or even just wants a great show with fantastic characters and story - make it a priority to watch Tremé.
Can't speak to the Irma release, but I wholeheartedly second the Treme recommendation. I loved the Wire--probably the best series of all time--and regularly meet people who tell me how much they loved that. But I've never met anyone else who's actually seen Treme, which I rate nearly as highly as the Wire. Should have known it would have fans among the N&G crowd.

David Simon is behind both shows. Treme is to New Orleans what the Wire is to Baltimore. Treme is a lot less violent--it focuses on musicians instead of drug traffickers--but that's not a bad thing in my book.

Anyone have that Irma Thomas that's going to be in TBT? Rewatching Tremé the other day and thought that I needed some Irma in the collection (she's in a number of episodes).

EDIT: Also if anyone has a remote interest in New Orleans music, or culture - or even just wants a great show with fantastic characters and story - make it a priority to watch Tremé.
I have Irma Thomas. It’s great.

In related news, beyond prioritizing Treme, I would say Season 1 is an absolute masterpiece, and if they’d ended the show there it’d still be an all-timer for me. Season 2 is excellent. I wasn’t as enthralled by 3 and 4 but they’re still good TV and well worth the time.

Can't speak to the Irma release, but I wholeheartedly second the Treme recommendation. I loved the Wire--probably the best series of all time--and regularly meet people who tell me how much they loved that. But I've never met anyone else who's actually seen Treme, which I rate nearly as highly as the Wire. Should have known it would have fans among the N&G crowd.

David Simon is behind both shows. Treme is to New Orleans what the Wire is to Baltimore. Treme is a lot less violent--it focuses on musicians instead of drug traffickers--but that's not a bad thing in my book.
David Simon can honestly do no wrong, and it's criminal that more people haven't seen the show. For music lovers it's a smorgasbord of musical discoveries.
Went to see Kermit Ruffins at Blue Note on Mardi Gras as a result, and going to see Trombone Shorty in Feb in Toronto.

Gonna check it out! Appreciate the rec 🙌

fleetwood_mac_bundle.jpg

Sounds like Fleetwood will also be a ROTM of next year as well.

Last edited:
Discord got me hyped that this store drop would be Tom Petty. Kinda bummed it was Fleetwood, but hey, more money in my wallet, at least.

Edit: For anyone who cares about that sort of thing, here's Pauly on the discord saying the FM are not AAA:

They are not AAA. Tango was sourced from the original master tape (Ryan digitized it for his cut), and though Mirage was cut directly from the master tapes, we were unable to confirm with the label that it was recorded and mixed fully analog

fleetwood_mac_bundle.jpg

Watch out Newbury, VMP is gunning for you

Discord got me hyped that this store drop would be Tom Petty. Kinda bummed it was Fleetwood, but hey, more money in my wallet, at least.
Most of the Tom Petty catalog has been reissued with quality affordable pressings most, in not all cut by Chris Bellman. If you are looking for top notch Tom Petty reissues you should be able to find em…at least last I checked.

I’m not saying they aren’t good, just not unknown or hard to obtain.
Near me, most Fleetwood Mac is kinda pricey or tricky to find in good shape. Obviously Rumours is the big one but I don't see Mirage or Tango much, and when I do they are usually $20ish in good shape. Most of the shops immediately near me though are kinda rubbish pricing.

Those FM box sets are great value though. I think I paid $40 or $50 for one of them.

fleetwood_mac_bundle.jpg

Can the RKS Tango in the night be purchased elsewhere?

Back