Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So if my math is right....rejoining this month with a referral code for a year brings the price down to about $18 a record.

$435/year
-$80 referral
----------------
$355
/12 records + 8 bonus records
$17.75 + tax

That ain't too shabby and is likely the best price you'll find for a long time.

I think the referral is bumped up for international members to $99 off for a year?
Stop spending my money with math, Mike!

So if my math is right....rejoining this month with a referral code for a year brings the price down to about $18 a record.

$435/year
-$80 referral
----------------
$355
$17.75 + tax

I think the referral is bumped up for international members to $99 off for a year?
Can you add this discount with an existing account? I was up for renewal, but didn’t want to pay almost $500 with taxes.

Can you add this discount with an existing account? I was up for renewal, but didn’t want to pay almost $500 with taxes.
so I think if you let your account lapse, you might be able to "rejoin" after the 1st of the month with the referral. as of now, the referral won't work if you have an active account as far as I know. I tried to use a friend's as I am resubbing for a year but it didn't work for me since I'm currently on a 6 month plan that lapses this month. you don't need to sign up with a new email address though I don't think.

Here's my referral code if anyone needs one and if someone can share theirs with me I'd appreciate it since I'm thinking of doing a year under my wife's name.

Last edited:
so I think if you let your account lapse, you might be able to "rejoin" after the 1st of the month with the referral. as of now, the referral won't work if you have an active account as far as I know. I tried to use a friend's as I am resubbing for a year but it didn't work for me since I'm currently on a 6 month plan that lapses this month. you don't need to sign up with a new email address though I don't think.
I’m just on a month to month right now. I was hoping to hold out until December to see if they add anything new to the free records, but will probably just bite if I can get a discount to work.

Here my referral code of anyone needs one and if someone can share theirs with me if appreciate it since I'm thinking of doing a year under my wife's name.

Here you go...

Here my referral code of anyone needs one and if someone can share theirs with me if appreciate it since I'm thinking of doing a year under my wife's name.

I think I'll wait till the end of the month. But for the per album $, it feels worth doing the year and my six months ends in December so I want to renew before the free deal is gone.

I think I'll wait till the end of the month. But for the per album $, it feels worth doing the year and my six months ends in December so I want to renew before the free deal is gone.
it'll be interesting to see what the swap for credit value is on the year sub with the referral discount. do they still give ya the full year/12 for a swap? but i think you're right either way--the bonus 8 records + $80 off is a solid deal, and that bonus deal is up end of december.

FYI--you now have to choose all 8 when you renew. there's no coupon code like last time.

it'll be interesting to see what the swap for credit value is on the year sub with the referral discount. do they still give ya the full year/12 for a swap? but i think you're right either way--the bonus 8 records + $80 off is a solid deal, and that bonus deal is up end of december.

FYI--you now have to choose all 8 when you renew. there's no coupon code like last time.
Even when I did my six month they made me pick the three right away. Thankfully since I hadn't subbed in over a year there were enough past picks to satisfy.

$435/year
-$80 referral
----------------
$355
$17.75 + tax

Dammit, @MikeH!

200w.gif

Here's my referral code if anyone needs one and if someone can share theirs with me I'd appreciate it since I'm thinking of doing a year under my wife's name.
I just watched an episode of the Simpsons where Homer buys Marge a bowling ball with his name engraved on it because he's an asshole and really bought it for himself. Can't help but imagine me telling the wife I got her the sub as a present. Bad things would happen to me.

I just watched an episode of the Simpsons where Homer buys Marge a bowling ball with his name engraved on it because he's an asshole and really bought it for himself. Can't help but imagine me telling the wife I got her the sub as a present. Bad things would happen to me.

I'm imagining bad things happening to me just telling my wife I want to get a sub for myself, let alone if I tried to tell her I was getting one for her!

Back