Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

All fairness to my wife though - eye rolling, running away and mockery aside, she's very supportive of my "Sun Ra thing."

I've got 17 years in slowly eroding her down, so there are very few things my wife still absolutely isn't fucking with. The Shaggs will never win her over. She hates Nico's voice, but can now deal with Calvin Johnson. There are tiers to it. For example, Squarepusher gets through, but maybe not Venetian snares. There's a progression.

There was a time where she'd tell me she liked something and ask what it was and I'd say, "it's Squarepusher. You hated this."

"I don't hate ALL of it. This song doesn't bother me."

"THIS is the exact song you told me you fucking hated."

"Oh. I like it now."

She told me that she listened to the new DJ Muggs with the Sun Ra samples 5 times yesterday, but she wasn't a huge fan of a song with "squealy horns" at the end. She's an esthetician and actually played it while working. Her client liked it and didn't mind the horns. She didn't like Airto Lindsay's dischordant guitar chops on the first Lounge Lizards album, either, but it doesn't bother her anymore.

This is a woman who thought she hated the Grateful Dead when we first met and now convinces me that we need live albums we probably don't.

She even came around to accept that Season Of Tha Siccness had its merits regardless of the lyrical content and seemed to love Mystic Stylez right out the gate.

I knew we turned a corner when we would get into the car and she'd put on Death Grips ExMilitary or Sleep's Holy Mountain.

"Oh... you like Sleep now."

"I've come around to it."

"Oooh.... Exciting. Did you know this song is about riding a dragon?"

"Stop."

"This one is about Atlantis."

"Please don't ruin this."

Last edited:
You don't remember all the pre-orders that were like a year+ out? It wasn't everywhere but it was definitely common. It definitely affected output

Last edited:
Survival_of_the_fittest_store.jpg

Swaps are open.

I went with Odetta and the Monk this time. Really looking forward to the Monk in particular, I was very close to buying it the other week so im glad that I waited!

Swaps are open.

I went with Odetta and the Monk this time. Really looking forward to the Monk in particular, I was very close to buying it the other week so im glad that I waited!
The VMP edition of Monk’s Music is pressed at GZ on 180g black audiophile vinyl with AAA lacquers cut from the original master tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, with a Listening Notes booklet by Charles Waring.

should be a good one as long as GZ doesn't GZ it!

The VMP edition of Monk’s Music is pressed at GZ on 180g black audiophile vinyl with AAA lacquers cut from the original master tapes by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, with a Listening Notes booklet by Charles Waring.

should be a good one as long as GZ doesn't GZ it!
Oh I meant the Paris 1969 (added a track to swap it out), but im also really excited for Monk's Music too!!

I have cancelled my subscription with my last month being in June or July. I can't add a monthly track for this month to swap for Monk. Seems odd that I wouldn't have full functionality until my membership is ended.

Back