Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

i have 3/4. Sparks is cool. Idris Muhammad is my fave but not for everybody. haven't had a chance to spin the Bartz yet.
I'm giving these a bit of a listen and honestly I'm not feeling any of them. :confused: Which is disappointing, because the first round of Jazz Dispensary titles were all killer, with the possible exception of Jack DeJohnette.

I'm giving these a bit of a listen and honestly I'm not feeling any of them. :confused: Which is disappointing, because the first round of Jazz Dispensary titles were all killer, with the possible exception of Jack DeJohnette.
I’m with you… the first Idris is a key record in my gaff. I just can’t imagine choosing this Idris lite option over Black Rhythm Revolution…

I’m with you… the first Idris is a key record in my gaff. I just can’t imagine choosing this Idris lite option over Black Rhythm Revolution…
They did black rhythm revolution last batch. Or do you mean why would you buy this over the 2020 JD reissue of Black Rhythm Revolution? BRR is pretty pricey now.

The demo version of Born In The USA, which was the same 4 track home recordings that all of Nebraska was cut from, is my favourite version of it. I think it’s on 18 songs which is a great collections of bits and pieces that didn’t make albums.
My favorite version is the 12 string acoustic slide version he did on the charlie rose show. It's haunting and painful in a way even the demo doesn't hit for me. I do love how the album version's dancy sound and anthemic vocal overrides the words in most folks' heads.

Last edited:
They did black rhythm revolution last batch. Or do you mean why would you buy this over the 2020 JD reissue of Black Rhythm Revolution? BRR is pretty pricey now.
Sorry… I mean Black Rhythm is, to me, far superior to Peace and Rhythm. I’m not sure when I’d reach for Peace. Maybe it’s a grower, not a shower.

Thinking about swapping The Shape of Jazz to Come and Her Favorite Colo(u)r to Willie Colon and Frances the Mute.

Anyone care to weigh in on the quality of either?

Frances is great. No opinion on willie.

I have a stereo shape, but I'm getting this one since it's the mono.
I'm on the fence about it, which is why I'm looking at swapping.
Not sure if it'll get much play in my collection. I appreciate the album, but a little too free-jazz for my liking :D.

It's stellar! In my opinion, all of the Aretha exclusives that they've done are great.

Grab it, don't give it a second thought
Love my copy of Spirit in the Dark, so I'd figured they had a good relationship with Aretha's people. Glad I have a chance at this one now. Paulium did say on discord that it's a repress.

Has I Never Loved A Man been out of stock for awhile?
Yeah, I think it was one of the first waitlist items I signed up for when I joined like almost two years ago.

I just got the notification, but think I'm going to pass as my Atlantic Singles Collection and Young Gifted and Black are there for my Aretha fix.

Back