Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

FYI - Yet again people are putting these drops on /r/vinylreleases for cheap karma so if you want something snag it before reddit does.

There had been some question on if these 10 ROTM represses are just the beginning of several drops or if that's gonna be it, and judging by this article I think that's it.

There's always gonna be something to wish they included in the repress (Madvillain for me) but overall that's not a bad selection of albums, I guess.

Edit:

On the fence about Al Green for $34. Anyone recommend highly?

(Wallet already dented by three other orders on that list).

Not that I'm trying to make you spend more money but it sounds absolutely phenomenal. One of my personal favorite Classics.

Lol, 10 records repressed? That's what the hype was about? Too much...

Also, despite signing up for alerts, of course VMP didn't send me an email.

These guys make me laugh....
Yeah, it's a bit underwhelming. Would've liked to see more RHH records being pressed (De La Soul, Method Man, Blackalicious and Camp Lo would've been nice). I skipped on Saba mainly because I feel my want for it is more FOMO than anything, but Outkast was a nice pickup.

There had been some question on if these 10 ROTM represses are just the beginning of several drops or if that's gonna be it, and judging by this article I think that's it.

There's always gonna be something to wish they included in the repress (Madvillain for me) but overall that's not a bad selection of albums, I guess.
The two selections that seem odd to me are Stankonia and Spiritualized as they were just released at the end of last year, but other than that I can't really complain even if it is underwhelming to me.

The two selections that seem odd to me are Stankonia and Spiritualized as they were just released at the end of last year, but other than that I can't really complain even if it is underwhelming to me.
Those two are weird since Spiritualized is getting repressed elsewhere and Stankonia was repressed (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's the same pressing without the VMP frills). But I guess if you really want the VMP versions there it is. I'll add that I just got a perfectly great copy of QOTSA elsewhere.

Aside, man I'm really getting sick of reddit's VMP. Going to be 100 posts of people showing off their order receipts, plus another 100 of people showing off the albums that 1000s of others bought. I hate the karma system.

Those two are weird since Spiritualized is getting repressed elsewhere and Stankonia was repressed (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's the same pressing without the VMP frills). But I guess if you really want the VMP versions there it is. I'd add that I just got a perfectly great copy of QOTSA elsewhere.
Similar to the Songs for the Deaf release as there's been a standard black release that's identical to the VMP versions, however clearly people still want the VMP version.

Those two are weird since Spiritualized is getting repressed elsewhere and Stankonia was repressed (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's the same pressing without the VMP frills). But I guess if you really want the VMP versions there it is. I'll add that I just got a perfectly great copy of QOTSA elsewhere.

The black QOTSA is an identical pressing but colour and with a nicer cover and the art print. Re subbing for that and the very next day that black being announced was what finally killed VMP for me, the price rises were the cremation.

Similar to the Songs for the Deaf release as there's been a standard black release that's identical to the VMP versions, however clearly people still want the VMP version.
100% but I'm in it for the music so these are wasted on me.

The ones I was really hoping for aren’t here. De La Soul, Blackalicous, Snoop Dogg, The Fugees... but that’s alright.

Picked up Queen and Davis/Coltrane.

At the bottom of the order page it notes that "you can also expect some to pop up in SWAPs later this year." If you want to take your chances and play the waiting game.

Back