Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I find most stores are absolute trash when it comes to shipping costs to Canada. UK is usually the way to go if the price is right (in this case it still isn't).
It seems to just be real expensive overall. I've shipped records to Canada myself and I know I don't get any kinda discount for bulk rates like a store would, but it's $23+ for me and thats without tracking.

On bandcamp now too and the shipping is much cheaper, looked like $11ishCAD for yous and was €8ish for me, plus the free lossless download that we all love so much!

Minimum shipping is $23USD. Probably cheaper from VMP.

Yeahhhhhh, $23 USD shipping... The VMP will work out to be by far the cheapest option if I want a variant.

It seems to just be real expensive overall. I've shipped records to Canada myself and I know I don't get any kinda discount for bulk rates like a store would, but it's $23+ for me and thats without tracking.
Yeah, shipping as a Joe Sixpack is insane, but I wish honestly there'd be some kind of break for buying from a company that deals in bulk. As much as I think VMP's prices are high, sometimes with shipping it actually works out.

This was originally a 45 RPM pressing I think. Any indication this one is too? I see half speed mastered but no mention of 45...

Rough Trade are advertising 2LP which I think would suggest 45. Nothing stating it though. That said at over an hour it’s always going to be 2LP regardless.

On bandcamp now too and the shipping is much cheaper, looked like $11ishCAD for yous and was €8ish for me, plus the free lossless download that we all love so much!
VMP's price point probably going to be what....$35ish? Still saving money if I bundle with my ROTMs.

Fuck! All international shipping from the US seems crazy! Under 1kg and I can ship to both of you for €15.50 across the Atlantic!

Fuck! All international shipping from the US seems crazy! Under 1kg and I can ship to both of you for €15.50 across the Atlantic!
Yup, which is why I tend to stay away from US stores. I've been buying a lot from the UK and have been paying on average like $5-10CAD for shipping. I mean, I still have about 10 albums that have been in limbo for over a month but Canada Post is royally screwed lately.

Yup, which is why I tend to stay away from US stores. I've been buying a lot from the UK and have been paying on average like $5-10CAD for shipping. I mean, I still have about 10 albums that have been in limbo for over a month but Canada Post is royally screwed lately.

The postal system is in general. I sent one express to Poland that I sold on Discogs and it took almost 8 weeks! Plus anything from the U.K., as opposed to the rest of Europe, is extra fucked because brexshit

The postal system is in general. I sent one express to Poland that I sold on Discogs and it took almost 8 weeks! Plus anything from the U.K., as opposed to the rest of Europe, is extra fucked because brexshit
Over here our main distro centre for the mail (in Ontario at least) has been hammered by COVID. One entire shift was sent home, and I think I heard another walked off. It's getting back now but the backlog must be insane.

Yea I ordered from JPC a few weeks ago and it shipped but haven't gotten anything yet and I don't think there's tracking on it.

Yeah it's been both a 2 LP 33 and a 2 LP 45 in the past...

The question then is

Is a Plain 45 preferable to a Fat Possum 33? Because the price for 2LPs isn’t insane.

My guess is everything is preferable to all plain pressings!

Yea I ordered from JPC a few weeks ago and it shipped but haven't gotten anything yet and I don't think there's tracking on it.

No there isn’t. My jpc are taking about a fortnight Germany to Ireland so I’d be surprised if you’re not looking at double that minimum.

The question then is

Is a Plain 45 preferable to a Fat Possum 33? Because the price for 2LPs isn’t insane.

My guess is everything is preferable to all plain pressings!
Well from what I've seen of the more recent FP stuff, they've finally gotten on the "audiophile" bandwagon and started hiring guys like KPG. This one is Alchemy so depending on pressing plant (totally gunna be GZ) I think this should be a decent re release.

Well from what I've seen of the more recent FP stuff, they've finally gotten on the "audiophile" bandwagon and started hiring guys like KPG. This one is Alchemy so depending on pressing plant (totally gunna be GZ) I think this should be a decent re release.

Yeah it’ll probably be similar to the VMP. Crackly and filthy dirty but after a few washes it’s actually a decent pressing. Spiritualized are only ever going to be so dynamic given their style and era so it’s not going to need to be audiophile perfection just clean and not a plain.

Yeah it’ll probably be similar to the VMP. Crackly and filthy dirty but after a few washes it’s actually a decent pressing. Spiritualized are only ever going to be so dynamic given their style so it’s not going to need be audiophile perfection just clean and not a plain.
Yuuuup. I've got some credit so I guess this is where it's going...

Welp, I've cancelled my Classics swap (swapped to Room on Fire). VMP better come through on the Spiritualized now. I was honestly on the fence about Room on Fire anyway...may just find a copy of Is This It for my Strokes fix.

Welp, I've cancelled my Classics swap (swapped to Room on Fire). VMP better come through on the Spiritualized now. I was honestly on the fence about Room on Fire anyway...may just find a copy of Is This It for my Strokes fix.

The MOV or the white from last year, which is the MOV plates, is good for Is This It. Not audiophile perfection but it’s the strokes so I’m doubtful that exists or even that if it did that it wouldn’t remove something from them.

Back