Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

It's crazy. Usually, I would be all over these releases and even when they are higher priced than usual I can justify it with the free shipping. But hells bells this is taking the piss.

Same, I got really excited when I saw the email--- but I don't care how good these titles are, I'm not rewarding this kind of pricing. It's just stupid.

Norman Feels and Kool and the Gang's first album are also both in the store at "slightly" more reasonable prices. But yeah I just find myself getting more and more turned off from VMP with these ridiculous prices.
That Norman Feels is on LITA for $22 in standard black for anyone who doesn’t care about color variants.

If anyone finds any info on the Kool and the Gang pressing and whether it’s available elsewhere in standard black let me know! I’ve given up on finding an original pressing for this one!

Seriously.... like... seriously... c'mon... I've currently got three Jazz Dispensary "Top Shelf" pressings, which are essentially their version of AP or Mofi. They were all mastered by Gray at Cohearant and pressed at QRP and they each cost me about $32 CAD new. That's about $23 USD each. These VMP ones aren't even pressed at QRP, and they want double the price for them? Guys please do not buy these... Don't reward this kind of pricing... It's highway robbery.

Last edited:
Same, I got really excited when I saw the email--- but I don't care how good these titles are, I'm not rewarding this kind of pricing. It's just stupid.
I’m not even convinced these are great albums. To be fair, I’ve only heard the David Axlerod one and it’s just alright. I’ll have to stream them to see if I want to try to pick them up in the future from Craft.

Seriously.... Like... seriously... c'mon... I've currently got three Jazz Dispensary Top Shelf pressings, which is essentially their version of AP or Mofi. They were all mastered by Gray at Cohearant and pressed at QRP and they each cost me about $32 CAD new. That's about $23 USD each. These aren't even pressed at QRP, and they want double the price for them? Guys please do not buy these... Don't reward this kind of pricing... It's highway robbery.
I’m a huge jazz dispensary fan having all their previous renewed but...yeah can’t pay this crap

I’m not even convinced these are great albums. To be fair, I’ve only heard the David Axlerod one and it’s just alright. I’ll have to stream them to see if I want to try to pick them up in the future from Craft.
Honestly, its a great selection which I can't fault musically. The Idris Muhammed has been out of print for ages and the Jack DeJohnette is one which I have actually hunted for in the past. I am unfamiliar with the Leon Spencer and Bernard Purdie ‎but from a quick stream of each they are super soulful and funky.

If only they weren't priced so outrageously.....

I think David Axelrod’s Heavy Axe is great actually! I really like that album! I think the production on that album is immaculate!

Still, the USD$45 price tag is way too high! I’m going to wait until these go on sale or if there is a coupon code!

I think David Axelrod’s Heavy Axe is great actually! I really like that album! I think the production on that album is immaculate!

Still, the USD$45 price tag is way too high! I’m going to wait until these go on sale or if there is a coupon code!
I'm proud of you @NathanRicaud.

That's a clear-headed decision imo.

This is Craft, there's no way they won't be available on standard black. I'm guessing this is just their next wave of Top Shelf releases and they'll be up on the Dispensary website soon enough. Unless these come down under $30, don't buy them.

I'm proud of you @NathanRicaud.

That's a clear-headed decision imo.
If they were all limited to 300 copies, I would buy the Jazz Dispensary exclusives however as they’re all AAA, Kevin Gray titles pressed at RTI!

Eventually I’m going to buy these titles. I’ll be monitoring the stock levels for all the titles + the bundle! Will keep a close eye on it all!

Back