Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah I figured they would be (works out cheaper for me so was hoping there would be a few more).

Looks like I will hunt down affordable standard copies of Doug Carn - Spirit of the New Land, and The Awakening - Hear, Sense and Feel.

Check dodax from time to time, I purchased two Black Jazz reissues for 21,99€ shipped each.

EDIT: Maiden Voyage is one of them, the other is Coral Keys.

So I emailed regarding my problem records that are stuck for another month because they are in the same order as an album that isn't shipping until November. They did this just a couple weeks ago but now this is the response that I get:
1601513380490.png
Needless to say I'm just going to email them and have them cancel all my unshipped orders. So done with this.

Officially on the hook for a year now. Luckily my company was kind enough to surprise everyone with a “profit sharing” bonus today, so great timing.

Its nice to know its taken care of for a year besides add on tracks. Scared to see how many and what they add for those next year.
Awesome you got the bonus! 👏👏👏🕺

I’m happy to see people subscribing for 12 months; means that VMP are likely to stay around for a long time! 🙏

I kinda thought no one would ever dare to do that again after many thought VMP wasn’t going to last, but it now seems like people are confident that VMP will stay around! 🤗

So I emailed regarding my problem records that are stuck for another month because they are in the same order as an album that isn't shipping until November. They did this just a couple weeks ago but now this is the response that I get:
View attachment 68414
Needless to say I'm just going to email them and have them cancel all my unshipped orders. So done with this.
That's absolute bullshit given how they take orders. There is no reason to buy more than one VMP album at a time as a member.

Are we expecting any more Black Jazz releases? I saw that there was a 'sold out' bundle option for the 3 already released so I'm thinking that's it now?

What has thrown me off is that VMP have released 2 (Kellee Patterson - Maiden Voyage & Roland Haynes - 2nd Wave) which were not mentioned in the Real Gone Music Black Jazz reissue series. The Real Gone Music label are/have releasing/released Gene Russell - New Direction (the RSD release), Doug Carn - Spirit of the New Land, The Awakening - Hear, Sense and Feel, and the Walter Bishop Jr. - Coral Keys (which VMP have released as an exclusive).

Edit: just seen that the description for Roland Haynes is 'Our third and final collaboration'.
Real Gone will be releasing every single album from the Black Jazz Catalogue supposedly. VMP only got those 3. Real Gone has variants that are more limited (limited to 100) and cheaper than VMPs. They also sent the records our way earlier than VMP did. Regular black vinyl should be widely available.

Awesome you got the bonus! 👏👏👏🕺

I’m happy to see people subscribing for 12 months; means that VMP are likely to stay around for a long time! 🙏

I kinda thought no one would ever dare to do that again after many thought VMP wasn’t going to last, but it now seems like people are confident that VMP will stay around! 🤗

Yeah Im not, nor ever was, worried that they’re imminently going under. Not saying alot of complaints on here and reddit arent valid but that is a small percentage of their subscriber numbers, and the majority probably dont notice or care.

They have their problems for sure, but overall I love the product, the curation, and although the price hike hurt I still think the majority of their pressings are still worth the cost (at least in USD). And VMP is a big enough name at this point with enough label connections, I honestly think theyd be bought before going under.

Last edited:
Cancelled in the nick of time today. Don’t see much in the next few months that I absolutely need that I can’t get elsewhere. I wasn’t going to give them a years worth of money. Haven’t seen much in the store I have needed and already snagged JLH.

I kept going just for JLH really. I also git the classics track, probably shouldn’t have but AAA from QRP pulled me in. I should’ve cancelled really, just put in an expensive order to acoustic solutions

Last edited:
Real Gone will be releasing every single album from the Black Jazz Catalogue supposedly. VMP only got those 3. Real Gone has variants that are more limited (limited to 100) and cheaper than VMPs. They also sent the records our way earlier than VMP did. Regular black vinyl should be widely available.
This is exciting to hear! Lots to look out for then. The VMP ones tend to turn out being cheaper when you factor in free shipping for me in the UK. Even the more expensive one ($29 - £23) is in-line with the standard price here (Rough Trade and my local have it at £23.99), then you have shipping on top!

Edit: Funnily enough I just had an email from SOTU (local shop) saying the standard Kellee Patterson is £26 plus £4.45 standard postage, £31.45 total. So the VMP one at £23 all in is cheaper. Sure, might have to wait longer but im in no rush :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
This is exciting to hear! Lots to look out for then. The VMP ones tend to turn out being cheaper when you factor in free shipping for me in the UK. Even the more expensive one ($29 - £23) is in-line with the standard price here (Rough Trade and my local have it at £23.99), then you have shipping on top!

Edit: Funnily enough I just had an email from SOTU (local shop) saying the standard Kellee Patterson is £26 plus £4.45 standard postage, £31.45 total. So the VMP one at £23 all in is cheaper. Sure, might have to wait longer but im in no rush :ROFLMAO:
I forgot about those pesky UK prices haha. I have gotten 4 from the series so far—all the limited versions from Real Gone. Part of me wants to just buy them all but I’m being better about trying to only buy records I know I will frequently spin.

I forgot about those pesky UK prices haha. I have gotten 4 from the series so far—all the limited versions from Real Gone. Part of me wants to just buy them all but I’m being better about trying to only buy records I know I will frequently spin.
Its a great label and I could honestly see myself getting the lot over time. The Real Gone ones are limited to 100 arents they? Makes financial and logistical sense for me to look for the standard pressings over here. I might end up waiting a while for dodax or amazon deals.

Its a great label and I could honestly see myself getting the lot over time. The Real Gone ones are limited to 100 arents they? Makes financial and logistical sense for me to look for the standard pressings over here. I might end up waiting a while for dodax or amazon deals.
Yea the Real Gone variants are limited to 100. I got Coral Keys, Kellee Patterson, The Awakening and Doug Carn so far.

VMP has finally started sending replacement jackets instead of full replacements. A big win imo.
Follow-up on this. This is awesome. Had two replacement jackets come in and they arrived FRESH. I mean perfect. God I wish they would send the records outside the jacket all the way from the pressing facilities.

Follow-up on this. This is awesome. Had two replacement jackets come in and they arrived FRESH. I mean perfect. God I wish they would send the records outside the jacket all the way from the pressing facilities.
A couple months ago I had a split seam and they just gave me credit, I wonder if they would still replace the jacket. One way to find out I guess

Cancelled in the nick of time today. Don’t see much in the next few months that I absolutely need that I can’t get elsewhere. I wasn’t going to give them a years worth of money. Haven’t seen much in the store I have needed and already snagged JLH.
I cancelled as well.
I had the one year bridge with JLH swapped for Essentials add on. before cancelling.
Honestly, I think it was the right call.
Those still with VMP, all the power to you but it's just not for me anymore.
Agreed with the above comment as I too went with the "f u c k storf" option.
I'm not sure if he is doing VMP Twitter or if its someone else but I realized that I was tired of the condescending tone coming from the company and that I was following his Instagram which made me dislike him and VMP even more. At the end of the day, it was time to part ways.
So long and thanks for all the fish VMP

Storf is definitely not for everyone. I don't mind him but I can see people being rubbed the wrong way.
I'm sticking for as long as I can since I haven't had any of the CS or shipping problems a lot of people have had (knock on wood) and I thoroughly enjoy their product and curation — especially since Classics went to AAA/Ryan Smith/QRP from now one. I was hoping Essentials would put out more stuff I didnt want to add on to my main Classic sub, but they got me with 3 great titles the rest of the year so I'm gonna have to dish out an extra $33 Oct-Dec.

Still not sure if I will re-up next September for $400/year ($33/month). $25/month isn't bad though for now.

Back