Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Anyone know what the deal is with this? A response I got from VMP regarding several orders I have that are in-stock but haven't shipped for weeks:
View attachment 67673
So if they have a store drop with 4 albums, you should order them all individually so they actually ship to you? Also absolutely no offer of just separating the order so the stuff that is in-stock will ship instead of having to wait a month for no reason.

I know that some people have already gotten some of these records in the orders as well (Margo Guryan, James Booker, Jonathan Richman) so has anyone else run into this issue? This is really stupid.
I learnt this the hard way and now put single order in each time. Its stupid as hell when you consider its free shipping for members anyway.

I learnt this the hard way and now put single order in each time. Its stupid as hell when you consider its free shipping for members anyway.
I’ve also learnt the hard way and put single orders in too! My Whitney Houston Boxset for example hasn’t shipped still because it’s grouped with Salt-N-Pepa, and that doesn’t ship until November! Only exception would be if I get a discount code to enter in!

I’m like thinking of cancelling my Salt N Pepa so I can have my Whitney Houston and 3 other records in that same order get shipped in October!

I saw someone ask if the Gabor Szabo is different than the Light in the Attic one, but I can’t find if they answered on any social media. Anybody know?

Yeah, VMP commissioned Ryan Smith to cut their reissue AAA from the original master tapes. No one is sure where the one LITA is selling was mastered from.

Yeah, VMP commissioned Ryan Smith to cut their reissue AAA from the original master tapes. No one is sure where the one LITA is selling was mastered from.

And the Bullmoose version is the same version LITA has.

edit: yes I got that LITA didnt produce it and are only selling it.
edit: and the bullmoose version says rare item so its probably a mistake and LITA's in unavailable so they are both BS.

Last edited:
Anyone find out from Customer Service is about the mastering details for the John Lee Hooker store exclusives?

Still curious to know if both pressings were mastered by Kevin Gray and Jack Matthews (at Cohearant Audio)! If so, It’ll be an instant purchase for me as these pressings are both already AAA!

Anyone know what the deal is with this? A response I got from VMP regarding several orders I have that are in-stock but haven't shipped for weeks:
View attachment 67673
So if they have a store drop with 4 albums, you should order them all individually so they actually ship to you? Also absolutely no offer of just separating the order so the stuff that is in-stock will ship instead of having to wait a month for no reason.

I know that some people have already gotten some of these records in the orders as well (Margo Guryan, James Booker, Jonathan Richman) so has anyone else run into this issue? This is really stupid.

This happened to me a with Texas Gentleman last month where it was held to ship with Lukas Nelson. It's a drawback with Shopify and unfortunately alot of sites that use it have the same thing. I thought VMP fixed it earlier this year because I started to get split orders but they confirmed that this was still the issue.

Not a huge deal as it's free shipping anyway so I don't mind making separate orders at all but they should have a notice about it at checkout or something.

And the Bullmoose version is the same version LITA has.

edit: yes I got that LITA didnt produce it and are only selling it.
edit: and the bullmoose version says rare item so its probably a mistake and LITA's in unavailable so they are both BS.
They are selling the version from an unknown austrian label ebalunga here is their bandcamp page on the release. Not muchinfo on the pressing except
"The long-awaited reissue of rare Eastern and psychedelic Jazz LP by the famous Hungarian guitarist, originally released in 1968. The first time, extended Edition with 2 bonus tracks: radio version of Fire Dance / Ferris Wheel from single 7” 1969.

Deluxe 8-sided Digipak CD and Gatefold Vinyl come with long, exclusively written inner notes by the famous researcher and biographer Douglas Payne.

Remastered by Martin Bowes at Cage Studios (UK)."

View attachment 67673

I have a preorder (Orchestra Baobab) that’s in stock now and has already shipped to people with their ROTMs this month, but, for whatever reason, didn’t ship with mine. Still just pending. I ordered it by itself. So I wouldn’t read too much into whatever process they’re saying that they follow, because they really don’t have one.

Does anyone have an idea why Shabaka was not in this months swaps, even though it is in stock and was in swaps last month?

Might have been an oversight like Rollins but my guess is they’re rotating exclusives in and out to make swaps appear “fresh” every month.

So this month Shabaka is out... and Peanuts Portraits is in.

Has anyone spun their Big Bill Broonzy live album yet? I was disappointed with the sound quality. I think it is because the tapes were too old and low quality to begin with. I could hear this whirring sound throughout. I think this is my worst ORG pressing by far.

Has anyone spun their Big Bill Broonzy live album yet? I was disappointed with the sound quality. I think it is because the tapes were too old and low quality to begin with. I could hear this whirring sound throughout. I think this is my worst ORG pressing by far.
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with the sound quality too! The vocals sound pretty nice though, even though it’s a bit rough - they jump out of the speakers in a good way. Overall though, it does sound quite low quality. I think it’s a bit like that recent Charlie Parker Jazz at Midnite RSD release, in that what they had to work with, was low quality. I was also disappointed in the sound quality of that release but I think it’s the best they could’ve done because it was mastered and cut by Kevin Gray!

It’s definitely a case of the tapes being old/low quality. I know that sound in the background you’re talking about! It sounds a bit like surface noise!

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed with the sound quality too! The vocals sound pretty nice though, even though it’s a bit rough - they jump out of the speakers in a good way. Overall though, it does sound quite low quality. I think it’s a bit like that recent Charlie Parker Jazz at Midnite RSD release, in that what they had to work with, was low quality. I was also disappointed in the sound quality of that release but I think it’s the best they could’ve done because it was mastered and cut by Kevin Gray!

It’s definitely a case of the tapes being old/low quality. I know that sound in the background you’re talking about! It sounds a bit like surface noise!
Yeah, I mean I kinda expected that going into it. We’re talking about live recordings from the 50s. To me those types of recordings add historical context and don’t bother me much.

Man, this is tough. Under the old price of $23 for add-ons, I'd probably end up getting all nine ROTMs. But at an extra ten bucks each I think I'll be passing on a bunch. OutKast, Szabo, and Billie Holiday are currently the only must-buys for me. I'm on the fence about Redman and all the others I'm leaning against grabbing for now. At least I have a month or two to listen and decide on most of them (and I still need to swap for Sonny Rollins at some point before it sells out).

Back