Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Kinda like how Henry Rollins has a Vinyl Assistant who helps with his processing and archiving of his collection.
This is the point when I'd get into something like the Kirmuss cleaning system. It would be amazing to have staff to manage your collection.
Internet says Rollins net worth is around $6M, so I've only got like $5.999M to go to get on his level.

As I built my collection I would just put the most recently played records on one side. Was cool to see which ones I spun and which ones I didn’t spin as much. I quickly filled a shelf (around 100 records) so went to the second shelf. I kept the same system except I had a hip hop section, a sort of pre-80’s shelf (mostly soul funk and jazz but some outliers), and everything else.

I really liked this system. For example, one of the last records I played before quarantine was the Lebowski soundtrack during a Lebowski party (2nd annual, projected screening, White Russians, and this year costumes as well. Ahh...life...). So during quarantine and as it went on I could see which records I hadn’t played at all during quarantine, if they were to the left of the soundtrack.

so just moved last week and am now alphabetical by first name. It’s more intuitive by first name to me. And I split by genre now one shelf is hip hop, 60s/70s rock, jazz soul funk, and the other shelf is everything else.

I got the offer up on my page too since mine renews 9/30.
For me the one year was an easy decision (well played VMP).
I'm still selling alot on Discogs so the goal is to use that to fund it anyway.

Now to decide if I should figure out how to swap Classics to my primary sub. I'm staying subbed to all three, but with the discount swapping my primary sub will be the least amount of credit if I do it. I never swap now, but with the price hike and the imminent Vinyl Me Pardner sub I think I may start doing it more. Classics and Pardner will be the ones I'm positive I'll never swap, so would make sense to make one of those my main.

Not everyone has received an email yet, but the offer should be up on your membership page.

$374.25 yearly offer for International users. Hard to say no to £23 a month to be honest...

View attachment 64117

I can see the appeal - And I suppose if you simply sell what you dont want - That works out ok.
My concern would be - Will this record club exist in Jan 2021. Or will I have donated $374 to a creditors fund. Also - So far Ive only actually wanted 2 months of this years Essentials. And very very few Add ons.

I can see the appeal - And I suppose if you simply sell what you dont want - That works out ok.
My concern would be - Will this record club exist in Jan 2021. Or will I have donated $374 to a creditors fund. Also - So far Ive only actually wanted 2 months of this years Essentials. And very very few Add ons.
That's the bigger thing for me. It seems they will announce the next 3 months by the end of this month...but I have wanted so few ROTMs this year that I don't think it's worth it. Internationally it still kinda makes sense if you like the product or there are enough exclusives/AP pressings to keep you afloat. But for US subscribers unless they release something HUGE, I'd be better off just buying albums I truly want at the $30/month or whatever a 3 month subscription ends up being.

That's the bigger thing for me. It seems they will announce the next 3 months by the end of this month...but I have wanted so few ROTMs this year that I don't think it's worth it. Internationally it still kinda makes sense if you like the product or there are enough exclusives/AP pressings to keep you afloat. But for US subscribers unless they release something HUGE, I'd be better off just buying albums I truly want at the $30/month or whatever a 3 month subscription ends up being.
I (probably foolishly) took the bait of the $299 for a year. Their product to me is worth $25 a month. However the company is not. Hopefully I get all 12 months of product but it was a gamble I was willing to take.

I'm a month off on the renewal (mine's not due until 10/31).. I wonder if I'll get that offer when my time comes.
You will get it (most likely). At the end of next month, your account page will likely have the offer even if they do not email you about it. They said they are doing the loyalty/bridge deal for members on the month they are expiring and not before.

I highly doubt the company is going to fold in 12 months. And if I'm wrong, I am confident I will have no issues getting a partial refund from my CC company.
When Sinemia went under half way into my annual membership and all they offered was your membership - the cost of every move ticket you bought (which amounted to me getting $0), Chase refunded me for the 6 months without issue.

Yeah the latter would be my concern. Out of the essentials I like 3 out of the 9 and I already owned good copies of two of those! £23 a record soon loses its appeal when you only like 1 in 3!

I highly doubt the company is going to fold in 12 months. And if I'm wrong, I am confident I will have no issues getting a partial refund from my CC company.
When Sinemia went under half way into my annual membership and all they offered was your membership - the cost of every move ticket you bought (which amounted to me getting $0), Chase refunded me for the 6 months without issue.
Credit cards only protect you for 6 months. So if they fold 7 months or later you're SOL.

Back