Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

YES! I would love some good Sparklehorse pressings and while we are adding to our shitty Plain wantlist how about a nice repress of Low’s Long Division too while we are at it

Sounds like it's time to team up for an anti-Plain label, where the sole mission is to take back those rights and do it correct. We can call it Elaborate Recordings. Our sister label will be 4 Women With Mustaches

I'm hoping the same. I bought Lazer Guided Melodies for $2 at a garage sale when I lived in Olympia about 15 years ago. I found a copy of Let It Come down at the Everyday Music in Bellingham a couple of years ago, but that place annoys me how terribly they treat their stock, so I left it. Nothing is ever in sleeves and the shelve wear is always super fucked up. I'd love to see them do those, as well.

Mazzy Star got their repress, after having a terrible one through Plain. What else is notoriously bad...? Their Mr Bungle, I think.

Aside from Spiritualized, the other catalog that Plain has, which has always pissed me off, is WEEN. Let's get that Mollusk, White Pepper, and 12 Golden Country Greats bundle. Then do a Z-Rock Hawaii pressing
Fuck yeah, I forgot about Ween I have almost purchased Mollusk a million times and I would Love to spin Bananas & Blow” and “Even If You Don’t” on wax. The Plain pressings prices are usually exorbitantly high as well at least when you spend $40 on an a VMP release you usually get a decent pressing.

Fuck yeah, I forgot about Ween I have almost purchased Mollusk a million times and I would Love to spin Bananas & Blow” and “Even Is You Don’t” on wax. The Plain pressings prices are usually exorbitantly high as well at least when you spend $40 on an a VMP release you usually get a decent pressing.

Yep. I have solid pressings of Pure Guava and The Pod, or else I'd be asking for those, as well. You ever listen to Z-Rock Hawaii, the project they did with Yamataka Eye of Boredoms?

What's your take on that Shina Williams or the Tunde Mabadu? Do you have those? It often feels like you've at least listened to everything VMP puts out.
They are both magnificent, especially Shina Williams! Takes me to somewhere tropical in the Caribbean and just drinking coconut water and having a delicious curry, and having fun at the beach! 🌴🥥🏖

Everyone, including you @Kyuuji , needs to listen to that Shina Williams! It's funky as, but is so tasteful at the same time! It's an amazing Sunset, chill, bringing good vibes for when you have people over, kinda record! It's a must grab! 🗽:cool:

I was curious, so I checked and it looks like someone just dropped 7 copies of HBMS on ebay. I sometimes wonder if this account is the same as Vinceron. They always have the same stuff listed for the same price, only on ebay vs discogs

I literally find it easier to use Google to find stuff on their site outside of the recent releases homepage box.

God damn that worked. I was even using the site's filter option and it was showing me the results I wanted and I knew there was no way the albums were sold out (fiona apple and whitney Houston)

They are both magnificent, especially Shina Williams! Takes me to somewhere tropical in the Caribbean and just drinking coconut water and having a delicious curry, and having fun at the beach! 🌴🥥🏖

Everyone, including you @Kyuuji , needs to listen to that Shina Williams! It's funky as, but is so tasteful at the same time! It's an amazing Sunset, chill, bringing good vibes for when you have people over, kinda record! It's a must grab! 🗽:cool:

Thanks for taking requests. Same solid emoji work I've learned to expect.

I got Mabadu from the PIF thread and Shina as a bonus record, after VMP messed something up in my account. I just kept passing both of them up for a long time, before that. Once I had them, I was putting them on a ton for a while.

They must have overpressed that EL-P. That was such a big release for them to do, in my eyes. I guess everything is subjective.

I got Mabadu from the PIF thread and Shina as a bonus record, after VMP messed something up in my account. I just kept passing both of them up for a long time, before that. Once I had them, I was putting them on a ton for a while.

They must have overpressed that EL-P. That was such a big release for them to do, in my eyes. I guess everything is subjective.
It seems they got more of the El-P pressed because it was sold out for a hot minute. But who knows.

They repressed the EL-P! It sold out quickly during their first run, so it was definitely a big release for them! ⭐

Awesome you got Shina as a bonus record! It's such a joy to spin! :cool: 🏖 🕺

It seems they got more of the El-P pressed because it was sold out for a hot minute. But who knows.
They repressed the EL-P! It sold out quickly during their first run, so it was definitely a big release for them! ⭐

Awesome you got Shina as a bonus record! It's such a joy to spin! :cool: 🏖 🕺

I guess that I should have said it looks like the over RE-pressed the EL-P, but I guess you're both right and the fact that they had to repress it at all does say something.

I essentially got bot the Shina and the Mabadu for free. It was probably the fact that I knew they were still available on black wax from Mr Bongo, that I felt like I could keep glossing over them, forever, but I'm glad I finally pulled it together.

I'm hoping the same. I lucked out and bought Lazer Guided Melodies for $2 at a garage sale when I lived in Olympia about 15 years ago. I found a copy of Let It Come down at the Everyday Music in Bellingham a couple of years ago, but that place annoys me how terribly they treat their stock, so I left it. Nothing is ever in sleeves and the shelve wear is always super fucked up. I'd love to see them do those, as well.

Mazzy Star got their repress, after having a terrible one through Plain. What else is notoriously bad...? Their Mr Bungle, I think.

Aside from Spiritualized, the other catalog that Plain has, which has always pissed me off, is WEEN. Let's get that Mollusk, White Pepper, and 12 Golden Country Greats bundle. Then do a Z-Rock Hawaii pressing

I agree.
However, their pressings of the first 3 Low albums had two rare things going for them:
1. They sounded fantastic
2. I actually was concerned about this, so I reached out to Low who co firmed that, yes, they were on board with the process. I am not 100% if they were involved or not, though the LP's are the best-sounding Plain issuings I have heard.

I agree.
However, their pressings of the first 3 Low albums had two rare things going for them:
1. They sounded fantastic
2. I actually was concerned about this, so I reached out to Low who co firmed that, yes, they were on board with the process. I am not 100% if they were involved or not, though the LP's are the best-sounding Plain issuings I have heard.

That's good to hear. It's a crapshoot with those guys, but some specific pressings have had among the worst reviews I've ever seen. I guess it's case by case, but it's hard to trust them.

People really hate this Mr Bungle reissue

Back