Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I've had to track down a $200 record that I shipped. The buyer wasn't even stressed out about it, but I was. It literally went from an "out for delivery" to nothing. They couldn't track it and this went on for a couple of weeks, minimum. I called USPS and a women was pissed off at me for contacting her, claiming that they had it at some other facility, and she was threatening to mail it back. Why not just deliver it if you still have it and never did. I called the other place she told me to and they said they didn't have it. It was a mess, but... somehow, we finally got it to him.
Phew. Selling anything expensive online is a headache...I sold my buddy’s copy of Captain Murphy - Duality to some guy on reddit. Asked him to double-check his address. He did and I sent it. A week later he hadn’t gotten it. Checked tracking and it was delivered to City Island somewhere which was his old address and he had somehow forgotten. The guy freaked out (I think I sold it for $300) and tried to blame me for it. It was a huge back and forth and such a headache. The guy had to go to City Island himself and knock on the person’s door to ask if they got it hah. Luckily they ended up getting it but it makes me a bit panicked to sell any expensive stuff online.
I sold a Rolex online once. It was fairly nerve-wracking. But signature required plus a hell of a lot of insurance made the whole transaction easy like Sunday morning.
I sell quite a few records (usually at least 1 per week) and have had a few horror stories myself. If sending abroad I always go with tracked or signed just to try to limit the risk. I have had it before where the seller claims a record didn't arrive (I sold it for £250 plus postage) but luckily the tracking showed otherwise. After I sent a screenshot of the tracking info showing 'delivered' I didn't hear back from him........guessing he was trying his luck.

How do you guys do the numbers trick to see how much stock is left of something, if that thing is limited to 2 per person?

Go to the magazine and find a story on the album. The link on the magazine page lets you add as many as you want. Add 1000 on a 500 run album and it will tall you how many you can buy.

1589304965677.png

Go to the magazine and find a story on the album. The link on the magazine page lets you add as many as you want. Add 1000 on a 500 run album and it will tall you how many you can buy.

View attachment 46468
Oh my god, it's terrifying to see $39,000 worth of records in your cart with only a confirm button between you and the absolute destruction of your life.

Oh my god, it's terrifying to see $39,000 worth of records in your cart with only a confirm button between you and the absolute destruction of your life.

Don't worry i have special protection from my bank so I wont spend that much. Its called the "we're laughing so hard that you would even try to buy this with your balance" protection plan.

Sometimes I fill up my shopping cart with as many copies of Sarah Webster Fabio as it will hold and then leave my computer unattended in a room with my four children, just for the adrenaline high.

Sometimes I fill up my shopping cart with as many copies of Sarah Webster Fabio as it will hold and then leave my computer unattended in a room with my four children, just for the adrenaline high.
Suns will rage into creation and die, universes will birth teeming life and snuff it out, single celled organisms will evolve, create formal languages, form governments and eventually annihilate themselves, and Sarah Webster Fabio will still be available to swap...
I wrote this back in September. Still applies.

Don't worry i have special protection from my bank so I wont spend that much. Its called the "we're laughing so hard that you would even try to buy this with your balance" protection plan.
Back when I was just finishing uni and started to have actual money in my account to spend my card declined when I tried ordering a large takeaway order for a group of us and it was declined and locked due to 'unusual activity'....that was a low point.

I have three children, therefore, I know exactly what sort of Russian roulette you're playing.

Back