Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Looks like VMP is on the ball in all aspects of their business.
Look at this ad that just showed up for me! Except if you follow it, it's $224, not @24.
I feel baited and switched.
What a company!

View attachment 44972

They mean the price will effectively be 24 (per unit) when 10 these show up at your door.

Edit: I realize I can't do math

I'm sure you'd agree that you were one of the lucky ones. Offering Fka Twigs or Pinata is VMP still reaching for a desirable out of stock title, at least. Nothing against Angel Olsen, but that album was not only back, but offered in the sale section only a week prior. It hits different depending on what they replaced it with. One feels like, "hey... really sorry we didn't have that, but we reached back in the vaults and are going to offer you this gem," while the other feels like they are throwing a sale album at you, because they technically were.

I guess the logic was "woman? This is also a woman." It might have been more fair to offer that whole list of replacements to everyone oversold and asked which they'd prefer between all the Skull Snaps and Pinatas and Danny Browns and Angel Olsens, while saying it was first come first served and also offering the option to swap out for anything else in stock, all at once. Then again, maybe that creates even more confusion and chaos. I don't know.

What I do know is that there was a very direct and specific promise that the system was fixed last month, so that this type of oversell could NEVER happen again.

Poorly selecting titles for people they don't want from what they have laying around gives off fairly intense VNYL vibes, and that is not an association you want anyone to make.

Also @Melancholy_Melody they replaced some of the oversells with MOBB DEEP!!!
Yeah I guess they just swapped angel and FKA Twigs because they’re women ( I think, I don’t know if FKA twigs is a band ) Fingers crosses VMP sends me TLC too,

Last edited:
So I wanted to swap for cornelius fantasma , I got that auto email saying a swap couldn't be done, but in my account it shows I am getting the cornelius record. I sent a ticket just saying hey this is great news if true, and I just keep getting auto email every day saying cant process my request, swaps are closed, but it still shows cornelius, I even attached a screen shot with what I see, emailed again, another auto email.

I wanted to swap for cornelius fantasma , I got that auto email saying a swap couldn't be done, but in my account it shows i am getting the cornelius record. I sent a ticket just saying hey this is great news if true, and I just keep getting auto email every day saying cant process my request, swaps are closed, but it still shows cornelius, I even attached a screenshot with what I see, emailed again, another auto email.

I've been extremely quiet , even when my stooges (which is the only reason I even re-signed up with this place. after the flaming lips record was why I kept my account going, and once I saw what they had after queens of the stone age, I cancelled) record took forever to get here, because right now it's totally understandable, but people are paying good money for this service and with the economy getting worse each day, something like VMP for a lot of people may be the first to go, it's customer service that really could save some subscriptions from being canceled, and right now I am debating if I want to continue going. I am totally understanding if I end up stuck with the Stevie Nicks record, I chose swaps that I wasn't sure could happen, but once i saw cornelius in my account I stopped debating on swaps and just wanted a confirmation that what I am seeing is correct.

I feel like what I am asking is not that hard, and I have yet to send some angry email, or some passive aggressive email, as that doesn't seem helpful, especially with what is happening in the world, but this just seems like something I'd rather not deal with. I know a lot of people here still enjoy VMP, but this service just seems not for me. I don't have FOMO and I could care less about color variants (hell, I own an OG pressing from Japan and a black pressing of the Fantasma remaster, I just got their version at this point cause it was the only thing I could see myself wanting, and I am a Cornelius superfan to be fair), and if they can't answer a simple question , I am not sure why i still even bother, as it seems like the records I want on the secondary market really aren't for the most part, what people want from this place.

cornelius.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much Hollywood and Radiodead for details of your Yves Tumour numbering. Not sure what's going on with mine then, maybe some excess copies that weren't numbered. Either way not sure I have the strength to go through CS so will assume it's a limited non numbered edition of 1.
As long as your record is not warped and playable, and has no major crackling, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

So I wanted to swap for cornelius fantasma , I got that auto email saying a swap couldn't be done, but in my account it shows I am getting the cornelius record. I sent a ticket just saying hey this is great news if true, and I just keep getting auto email every day saying cant process my request, swaps are closed, but it still shows cornelius, I even attached a screen shot with what I see, emailed again, another auto email.

I wanted to swap for cornelius fantasma , I got that auto email saying a swap couldn't be done, but in my account it shows i am getting the cornelius record. I sent a ticket just saying hey this is great news if true, and I just keep getting auto email every day saying cant process my request, swaps are closed, but it still shows cornelius, I even attached a screenshot with what I see, emailed again, another auto email.

I've been extremely quiet , even when my stooges (which is the only reason I even re-signed up with this place. after the flaming lips record was why I kept my account going, and once I saw what they had after queens of the stone age, I cancelled) record took forever to get here, because right now it's totally understandable, but people are paying good money for this service and with the economy getting worse each day, something like VMP for a lot of people may be the first to go, it's customer service that really could save some subscriptions from being canceled, and right now I am debating if I want to continue going. I am totally understanding if I end up stuck with the Stevie Nicks record, I chose swaps that I wasn't sure could happen, but once i saw cornelius in my account I stopped debating on swaps and just wanted a confirmation that what I am seeing is correct.

I feel like what I am asking is not that hard, and I have yet to send some angry email, or some passive aggressive email, as that doesn't seem helpful, especially with what is happening in the world, but this just seems like something I'd rather not deal with. I know a lot of people here still enjoy VMP, but this service just seems not for me. I don't have FOMO and I could care less about color variants (hell, I own an OG pressing from Japan and a black pressing of the Fantasma remaster, I just got their version at this point cause it was the only thing I could see myself wanting, and I am a Cornelius superfan to be fair), and if they can't answer a simple question , I am not sure why i still even bother, as it seems like the records I want on the secondary market really aren't for the most part, what people want from this place.

View attachment 45105

I should have tried a swap for Cornelius, but it was on pre-order

Last edited:
I should havevteied a swap for Cornelius, but it was on pre-order
I mean, who knows if I actually got it, I emailed them the second I saw that last week just trying to verify. this was also a few days before swaps closed, but they just kept sending me auto emails saying the swap couldn't happen but the account saying I'm getting cornelius stayed the name. Unreal...

So let me get this straight. VMP are now choosing swaps (like Angel Olsen) for customers if their original swap request is not available? And now they are also randomly throwing in records that they don’t even sell in the store, like Buck? SMDH.

Every time I think I’ve seen it all, they prove me wrong.

Swaps are unlimited, so they’re not limited to giving you the swap you’ve selected.

Just got my records for April today, but also got a shipping notice for the May records.
Got Ross today and Otis yesterday just waiting on the Woodstock, Also got Hot Boys and Kelsey Walden, had a credit to blow. I really like that Walden album, Curious to see how well that Hot Boys holds up. It was basically free I'll just trade it If I can't get into it,

Funny how you can't get an answer to a question, but you'll get 10 VMP email ads every couple of days. Buy some stuff. We can't guarantee you'll get it or anything else, really. But buy some stuff. Come on give us $$$. Our CS sucks balls, but we are really good at accepting your payment.

Also got Hot Boys and Kelsey Walden, had a credit to blow. I really like that Walden album, Curious to see how well that Hot Boys holds up. It was basically free I'll just trade it If I can't get into it,

Also got Kelsey Walden last week and think it's a really good album. The Hot Boys record sounds great in my opinion. All the Cash money records VMP did (Hot Boys, Juvenile, Mannie Fresh and Lil Wayne) are really great pressings with wonderful sound, at least that's the case for me.

Back