Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

The two that I wanted to swap for are no longer available, I have no interest in any of the albums of the month. I emailed them to ask them how they are going to make this right, after getting 40+ minutes of errors. I'm not expecting a reply back

in another swap related note, that Woodstock box set came today

As someone who managed to get a Woodstock box surely you know these things are limited by nature. The most desirable will be the ones they have the least amount of stock, sorry you couldn’t get what you wanted but the entitlement in the first post sucks.

As someone who managed to get a Woodstock box surely you know these things are limited by nature. The most desirable will be the ones they have the least amount of stock, sorry you couldn’t get what you wanted but the entitlement in the first post sucks.

the only thing i'll say is that if you're there at the correct time and the record is in stock it makes sense you'd be able to get it. this wasn't a stock issue, it was a website issue. i don't think that's entitlement

At different points, I had Black Pumas, TLC, and Ray Charles as my swaps. Refreshed for 45 minutes and each one of them went out of stock one by one. There's nothing else I want to spend $25 or whatever it is a month on left in the store. The last 3 months, at least one item I had was oversold and I got nothing but a stupid coupon.
I just find their selection to be very questionable, personally. They focus on trying to make a big splash with something they think would be huge, then miss the mark because it's something that's still available for dirt cheap or something nobody is interested in. Don't get me started on the mass quantities of stuff that ends up sitting around for years on end because it just doesn't work with the demo.

the only thing i'll say is that if you're there at the correct time and the record is in stock it makes sense you'd be able to get it. this wasn't a stock issue, it was a website issue. i don't think that's entitlement

Yeah. It's not entitlement. You should be able to use the website and utilize the options listed in the membership that you're paying for.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's not entitlement. You should be able to use the website and the utilize the options listed in the membership that you're paying for.
I shouldn’t have to sit there for 45 min hitting refresh on an e-commerce website to try to give a company my money. I’m not mad other people got the swaps. I’m frustrated (once again) that the site malfunctioned.

I just find their selection to be very questionable, personally. They focus on trying to make a big splash with something they think would be huge, then miss the mark because it's something that's still available for dirt cheap or something nobody is interested in. Don't get me started on the mass quantities of stuff that ends up sitting around for years on end because it just doesn't work with the demo.
They still release some good stuff but very few things now are truly exclusives. You can almost always get a pressing elsewhere even if it’s just a different variant. An OG press of the Errol Garner record is $2+ shipping on discogs and it’s all analogue whereas this pressing is a digital remaster. Curation lately has been mostly weak outside of a few things here and there and when they hype the swaps and nothing works on the site then not really sure why the club is worth it anymore for me.

The whole set up is like purchasing concert tickets, right? There is a large demand and so you will get rejected until the system deems itself ready to accept your swap/order.

Perhaps I didn’t fully grasp the situation and the site went down or people were unable to swap for even the easy to obtain swaps, I just assumed the error messages popping up as a sign that you were trying to buy something that dozens of others were also trying to.

I haven’t gotten my April records yet. That part isn’t my issue, but rather that my swap reverted back to rick Ross and they shipped it even after I emailed well in advance. Tired of giving money for warped records and inconsistent CS. For that reason, I’m out. (Cancelled until something decent comes up and/or they learn how to manage inventory.)

Last edited:
The whole set up is like purchasing concert tickets, right? There is a large demand and so you will get rejected until the system deems itself ready to accept your swap/order.

Perhaps I didn’t fully grasp the situation and the site went down or people were unable to swap for even the easy to obtain swaps, I just assumed the error messages popping up as a sign that you were trying to buy something that dozens of others were also trying to.

Nope. SWAPS weren't functioning, period. It didn't matter what you wanted. The excuse that the site couldn't handle this or that has been used consistently over the last 2 years. They said the migration would fix that. It's only gotten worse

Nope. SWAPS weren't functioning, period. It didn't matter what you wanted. The excuse that the site couldn't handle this or that has been used consistently over the last 2 years. They said the migration would fix that. It's only gotten worse

My bad, but also anyone who writes “how are you going to make this right?” is a bit of a twat in my experience.

They still release some good stuff but very few things now are truly exclusives. You can almost always get a pressing elsewhere even if it’s just a different variant. An OG press of the Errol Garner record is $2+ shipping on discogs and it’s all analogue whereas this pressing is a digital remaster. Curation lately has been mostly weak outside of a few things here and there and when they hype the swaps and nothing works on the site then not really sure why the club is worth it anymore for me.
Was it confirmed that the VMP version is a digital remaster? On the product page it makes it seem like it’s analog but of course the wording doesn’t make it clear that it didn’t go through a digital stage too:
Remastering DetailsPlangent Processed From Original Master Tapes
I’m considering cancelling too and if this is digital then there’s really no point getting it (my opinion only)

Was it confirmed that the VMP version is a digital remaster? On the product page it makes it seem like it’s analog but of course the wording doesn’t make it clear that it didn’t go through a digital stage too:
I’m considering cancelling too and if this is digital then there’s really no point getting it (my opinion only)
Yep.

giphyikj5f.gif

Swap shops for Premier League football stickers were more reliable than this in the 90's!
Between that and the fact this is all about vinyl records it's looking more and more like modern technology was a mistake.

Granted this forum would function a lot slower via carrier pigeon 🐦 ...
...though probably still faster than the VMP customer support 🐌😴

Yep.

I wasn’t aware of this process, thanks for the link appreciate it. Interesting choice when there’s already great examples of all analog transfer, but that’s a different discussion.

It's because Plangent Process has a digital step.

HOWEVER.

I would take a Plangent Processed remaster over almost any original AAA source unless it was already impeccably mastered. Plangent is AWESOME.

Back