Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Anyone else just get the "Wonder how we make records?" email and have your eyeballs almost roll right out of your head?

Answer: No, but I do wonder how you continue sending out orders to people with 20+ albums they didn't even order. THAT would fascinate me far more than this process which 1) isn't new and 2) isn't something that YOU actually do.

200 responses now, 76% in favor of delaying an RotM (152 votes in favor, 48 opposed)

I sent on the results to VMP's social media coordinator. She thanked me and said she would pass it on...don't know if she will, or if anyone up top will care, but having some data is better than none, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Right—I get that some of this would be written off as a loss but it doesn’t make sense when it’s a way of losing money that not only affects the current business but future business as well...they have lost money from sending the wrong records to the wrong places but also in the terrible PR which has caused people to cancel subscriptions and new subscribers from not signing up...also, we are no longer in 2019 so don’t see how the errors still happening affect their 2019 income.
if The Sopranos taught us anything, it's that sometimes you have to burn down the restaurant to ensure that future business is good.

Right—I get that some of this would be written off as a loss but it doesn’t make sense when it’s a way of losing money that not only affects the current business but future business as well...they have lost money from sending the wrong records to the wrong places but also in the terrible PR which has caused people to cancel subscriptions and new subscribers from not signing up...also, we are no longer in 2019 so don’t see how the errors still happening affect their 2019 income.

Perhaps they do their taxes quarterly?

On a semi related note, literally the 2nd thing in my order menu is Juju..... it pisses me off everytime I look at it because it was the first thing that "oversold" that I didn't receive. View attachment 28769
This is a super weird coincidence to see this pop up. I have this ready to play at home tonight, realised it had been ages since I spinned it. I then checked their website to see if they had any plans to release more music and the seem to be selling the VMP variant.......for $50 each.

Checking the Instagram story of a 44k followers vinyl dedicated account when suddenly

View attachment 28774
Big fan of Mionyl, shes one of the good ones on instagram that really has a love for the music. Shes always super positive so if shes pissed off you know theyre bad.

200 responses now, 76% in favor of delaying an RotM (152 votes in favor, 48 opposed)

I sent on the results to VMP's social media coordinator. She thanked me and said she would pass it on...don't know if she will, or if anyone up top will care, but having some data is better than none, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Email it to Matt.

Sent an email with Matt tagged, no reply yet. It’s been about 2 hours. Though coincidentally I did receive a shipping notice for both Dirty Projectors records about 10 mins after.

Back