Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So this is a new one for me.

Have tracking info for a parcel with an unknown number of records which I have been checking daily and received an email from VMP a couple of days ago to say that my copy of one of the Townes Van Zandt exclusives is on its way. I just put the tracking for that record into the Parcelapp website and it shows the destination as Limerick, Ireland (with a full postcode which I won't put on here publicly unless it's actually one of you guys). I have emailed them to ask whats going on, as im based in London, UK and have never even been to that part of Ireland...

If one of you Irish folk are based in Limerick im happy to PM the postcode to see if its been sent to the wrong address.

CS finally emailed me back regarding my Run DMC warp. I was told they are sold out, but I could pick any record from the store or archive. They let me get the new Townes exclusive, so hoping for a better product this time around.

They offered me a replacement copy earlier because my copy had a seam split. I opted for store credits so there should be at least a copy available for you.

They offered me a replacement copy earlier because my copy had a seam split. I opted for store credits so there should be at least a copy available for you.

Mine is dish warped and was also told it's sold out. Was offered the same... credit/pick a record/full refund. Hoping to pick up a copy close to retail if anyone has one they regret getting or got a double shipment.

So my latest response on my delayed BF order was pretty comical. Apparently, since I ordered a handful of records together, they were waiting for the pre-orders to come in to make my shipment. Problem being A. that wasn't communicated at all and B. one of the pre-orders was Moses Sumney, due in June... Yeah let me go ahead and wait 8 months for my Fiona, et. al.... They will be shipping the non-pre-orders separately now. Made me shake my head...

So my latest response on my delayed BF order was pretty comical. Apparently, since I ordered a handful of records together, they were waiting for the pre-orders to come in to make my shipment. Problem being A. that wasn't communicated at all and B. one of the pre-orders was Moses Sumney, due in June... Yeah let me go ahead and wait 8 months for my Fiona, et. al.... They will be shipping the non-pre-orders separately now. Made me shake my head...

This doesn't make any sense at all since VMP themselves sent a notice that we should expect to receive our orders in multiple shipments since they are not going to bundle all orders so they could send it out as fast as possible.

Nothing they've done on any front in the past 6 weeks has made a lick of sense. At this point my money has been refunded and they gave me back $30 in credit that I used in one of my orders that went unfulfilled. I suppose I'll sit on that until something catches my eye. There's literally nothing in the store right now that I want.

I ordered Cornelius with Grae so that makes sense as to why it didn't ship with my box :). I guess i'll wait til they respond to my first ticket about sending Still Woozy to the wrong address.

I just got shipping on a box that claims to have Beck and Mobb Deep inside. 🤯🤯🤯

Misery Box arrived today (that was supposed to read "Mystery" but my phone autocorrected to "misery" and I think it's fitting so I'm leaving it) as expected no Pinata and no Comet. Fun fun.

Out of curiosity what was in it then?

got it. where did you guys see the declared value ?
also it says it going to take 30 days to arrive, was that accurate for your parcels ?

it only shows the declared value once it’s been processed in origin at Melrose thingy. The one dispatched on 17th has currently just arrived into the international parcel centre in Ireland. It should 🤞 be out for delivery tomorrow or Monday. The other two that were dispatched on 21st and 26th both were processed in origin on 30th and are in the ether...

Yea I haven’t gotten a reply for a few inquiries. I have a few others I need to email in about but I’m gonna wait till I get a reply and a direct line once the query is open. My Charly Bliss has like a double nickel warp and my Fiona Idler Wheel pops pretty loudly through most of “Every Single Night”, annoying. Other than that the pressing is pretty awesome.

The two Arbor Blues albums and replacement Grace. It's what I expected to be in there, at this point I'm fairly certain I'll be getting refunds on those two barring some sort of miracle.

Honestly I am too with my three restock records, especially since Mobb Deep and Beck went out on their own. Haven’t gotten any refund notice yet, so I still have a glimmer of hope.

Last edited:

I think something similar happened to me as my Black Friday order just shipped this morning, which had the Laura Nyro preorder and a few other previous ROTMs. I now have two shipments coming in (one is just over 10lbs) and I’ll be all fulfilled except for two which I expect to get a refund based on similar comments here (they are 3 Feet High and Rising and Doggystyle). I also cancelled my membership last week so I’lo be all done soon.

Back