Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Had a response from Pauly (after messaging them on instagram to check my email) in regards to swapping the essential pick for the R&HH. This is something I have been doing for months now and im really not interested in Dirty Projectors but definitely want the N.E.R.D. I was checking the swaps before they even announced the ROTM through email or social media but it was 'SOLD OUT'.

Pauly said:

'So currently, we are sold out of that N.E.R.D. title, but we are still running a final count to make sure. So if copies open up, we will process your request and let you know that we did so. Otherwise, if there was another title that you would like instead, please let us know and we can process that now.

Sorry about all of this! Let us know if you have other questions in the meantime.'

By this statement they are basically saying they pressed the EXACT amount of copies for their subs, which I highly doubt, and had they told members that they were doing this I would have just added the R&HH sub and got them to shift it around and cancel once it was in my Essential. I told him in that case I really only want the Classics and will be cancelling all subs but this in the future. So I will see what happens. Annoying as I have not missed a R&HH since its beginning, and I saw N.E.R.D live last summer and loved it.
This is bullshit because a LOT of people swapped N.E.R.D. for something else, including myself.

Had a response from Pauly (after messaging them on instagram to check my email) in regards to swapping the essential pick for the R&HH. This is something I have been doing for months now and im really not interested in Dirty Projectors but definitely want the N.E.R.D. I was checking the swaps before they even announced the ROTM through email or social media but it was 'SOLD OUT'.

Pauly said:

'So currently, we are sold out of that N.E.R.D. title, but we are still running a final count to make sure. So if copies open up, we will process your request and let you know that we did so. Otherwise, if there was another title that you would like instead, please let us know and we can process that now.

Sorry about all of this! Let us know if you have other questions in the meantime.'

By this statement they are basically saying they pressed the EXACT amount of copies for their subs, which I highly doubt, and had they told members that they were doing this I would have just added the R&HH sub and got them to shift it around and cancel once it was in my Essential. I told him in that case I really only want the Classics and will be cancelling all subs but this in the future. So I will see what happens. Annoying as I have not missed a R&HH since its beginning, and I saw N.E.R.D live last summer and loved it.
I really hope you get the N*E*R*D ROTM! 🤞🤞🤞

Pauly said:

If you have no luck there’s always the recent red vinyl repress for £12.99!

If you have no luck there’s always the recent red vinyl repress for £12.99!
I wonder if that pressing is 45RPM though? 🤔

The VMP pressing definitely looks sexier, and it’s also 45RPM. If the 2019 Red pressing is also 45RPM, then it’s not much of a loss purchasing it, especially as it’s cheaper too! But if it’s 33RPM, then I’d definitely want the VMP exclusive!

I have the Seeing Sounds Marble Red exclusive, and the sound quality is pretty average on that one. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the Red exclusive for Fly and Die sounded average too.

I’m sure the VMP pressing for Fly and Die will sound amazing however!

I wonder if that pressing is 45RPM though? 🤔

The VMP pressing definitely looks sexier, and it’s also 45RPM. If the 2019 Red pressing is also 45RPM, then it’s not much of a loss purchasing it, especially as it’s cheaper too! But if it’s 33RPM, then I’d definitely want the VMP exclusive!

I have the Seeing Sounds Marble Red exclusive, and the sound quality is pretty average on that one. So I wouldn’t be surprised if the Red exclusive for Fly and Die sounded average too.

I’m sure the VMP pressing for Fly and Die will sound amazing however!
Did VMP make new plates? Feel like cramming 61 minutes at 45 RPM would be difficult using existing plates, no? I only ask because I feel that new plates would be a selling point.

Pauly said:

Don't worry to much, I guarantee someone on this forum will pull through and help ya get one if VMP can't! ✌️

Did VMP make new plates? Feel like cramming 61 minutes at 45 RPM would be difficult using existing plates, no? I only ask because I feel that new plates would be a selling point.
Mmmmmm! There’s a good chance that there is new plates because VMP probably pressed around 3,000-4,000 copies of these!

New plates would definitely be a selling point, after the Seeing Sounds repress didn’t have good sound quality!

So I cancelled all my subs (my main, Classics was going to renew for 3 months in January).
Now, I'm looking to get fully refunded for my credits ($34) and any unfulfilled orders (4 records).
Why? Because I realized that it's not worth the stress of being a member, also, apparently they are declaring the records as being worth more than they are and shipping with UPS which will ding me significant charges. I expect to pay a fair amount when my December records are finally delivered sometime mid-January.
In short, I'm out VMP so long and thanks for all the fish

Y’all see the latest shit about vmp on reddit regarding the spoon release?

Now that’s some comical shit... gray vinyl my ass...dude got a copy identical to the newbury release 😂

My copy is definitely red vinyl:
IMG_2577.jpeg

Looking at the photos on Discogs, the Newbury variant looks darker red, though it might also just be the lighting. The photo posted on Reddit looks a lot closer to the Newbury one. Either way it looks nothing like the VMP mockup.

It sounds really good though so I'm not complaining, haha.

I bought both Fiona Apple's Idler Wheel and Moses Sumney's Grae in the same order with the 30% discount code and honestly I expected them to ship these records separately, Fiona right away and Moses when it's released in May. However, my order is still unfullfilled, I haven't received a shipping notice or anything. Does anyone have a clue whether it's more likely that I'm part of the 1% who still haven't received their order or that I'll have to wait until May to receive Fiona..?

I bought both Fiona Apple's Idler Wheel and Moses Sumney's Grae in the same order with the 30% discount code and honestly I expected them to ship these records separately, Fiona right away and Moses when it's released in May. However, my order is still unfullfilled, I haven't received a shipping notice or anything. Does anyone have a clue whether it's more likely that I'm part of the 1% who still haven't received their order or that I'll have to wait until May to receive Fiona..?

It’s more likely you’re in the 1% or it’s gone and they haven’t updated to show you yet. It’s not their modus operandi to hold records like that, it can’t be, they’d likely sell it in the interim because their inventory practices are so poor.

Mmmmmm! There’s a good chance that there is new plates because VMP probably pressed around 3,000-4,000 copies of these!

New plates would definitely be a selling point, after the Seeing Sounds repress didn’t have good sound quality!

Not necessarily. You can make millions of stampers out of the same plates, it the stampers that are doing the hard work and that wear out. They may have done but volume is no measure of it plus it’d be enough of a selling point that a deal would have been made out of it.

My copy is definitely red vinyl:
View attachment 27839

Looking at the photos on Discogs, the Newbury variant looks darker red, though it might also just be the lighting. The photo posted on Reddit looks a lot closer to the Newbury one. Either way it looks nothing like the VMP mockup.

It sounds really good though so I'm not complaining, haha.
It so doesn’t look as good as the VMP mock-up, but it still looks pretty good’ I’m very happy to hear that it does sound really good though 🤗

Pauly said:

Given it seems you are literally one of like, five people who are excited for NERD, I'm cautiously optimistic they'll be able to secure a copy for you.

So there is still a grandfathered pricing? I just resubscribed for $81 (plus tax apparently) for 3 months but I know that I was paying $75 at some point.
I was playing around with the new system when it launched, clicked a button to make sure my sub didn't lapse in Feb., and I went from $140/6-months to $150/6-months. Reached out to support once it happened and Pauly said (Dec. 2):

So, right now I can't get you back on that old priced membership, just due to system limitations, and weirdness.​
BUT, for now, I can first off, make sure that I add you to our list of folks who are on the new prices that need to be changed to the old.​
Then I can add the extra $10 from this invoice back as store credit if you want. Let me know what you think, but sorry that you have to deal with all of this!​
And based on his reply from yesterday, it isn't looking too good for grandfathered pricing right now. Holding out hope, though.

Back