Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Now let me preface this by stating unequivocally that I am horrid at math. But if they're claiming 85% fulfillment, with 30,000 members that leaves only 4500 without full shipments. Now there are only 1000 members here, assuming that MAYBE 50% of the members here are actual VMP members. That means the there should be only about 25 people on here in the total 15% of the 30,000 that should be without shipping. It's definitely WAY more than that from the looks of it.

Once again, horrid at math. I did this in my head while walking my dogs so my numbers might be off but I think I'm pretty close.

EDIT: Or the answer is 9. IT'S DEFINITELY 25 OR 9

Definitely one of those or a yet unnanounced third mystery number

Last edited:
Now let me preface this by stating unequivocally that I am horrid at math. But if they're claiming 85% fulfillment, with 30,000 members that leaves only 4500 without full shipments. Now there are only 1000 members here, assuming that MAYBE 50% of the members here are actual VMP members. That means the there should be only about 25 people on here in the total 15% of the 30,000 that should be without shipping. It's definitely WAY more than that from the looks of it.

Once again, horrid at math. I did this in my head while walking my dogs so my numbers might be off but I think I'm pretty close.

15% of 500 is 75 (10% is 50) but yeah it still seems shockingly low.

15% of 500 is 75 (10% is 50) but yeah it still seems shockingly low.
giphy.gif

Right but it's not 15% of 500. It's 15% of 30,000 of which the 500 are included. That changes it does it not?

Pass! I was just working off the bare numbers lol! if we’re going to pull probabilities and odds into it we’re not going to figure it out walking the dog or wandering around the supermarket before going to the cinema!

I will say that it seems clear that a majority of VMP’s customers only receive AOTMs and never make any other purchases from them. We were told that was true when there were a lot more products on offer in their store. Ever since they’ve pivoted to exclusively focusing on a small number of color variants, there may be an increased awareness of their retail business, but the percentage of subscribers taking advantage of it can’t be much greater than it was when they were actually selling more products. And people engaged on this forum are more likely to be people who do buy more of their add-on products.

So while I don’t totally buy the 85% figure, it doesn’t seem all that strange to me that people here seem much more likely to fall into the 15%.

Basically, the better a customer you are, the more likely you are to have a bad experience.

I will say that it seems clear that a majority of VMP’s customers only receive AOTMs and never make any other purchases from them. We were told that was true when there were a lot more products on offer in their store. Ever since they’ve pivoted to exclusively focusing on a small number of color variants, there may be an increased awareness of their retail business, but the percentage of subscribers taking advantage of it can’t be much greater than it was when they were actually selling more products. And people engaged on this forum are more likely to be people who do buy more of their add-on products.

So while I don’t totally buy the 85% figure, it doesn’t seem all that strange to me that people here seem much more likely to fall into the 15%.

Basically, the better a customer you are, the more likely you are to have a bad experience.
DAMN YOUR MEASURED REASONING MISANTHROP-E TELL ME IF ITS 25 OR 9 I MUST KNOW

15%er here as well. Nine orders unfulfilled, no shipping confirmation, no tracking.
I just checked mine and 3 of 4 are marked fulfilled (they were marked unfulfilled last night) and a few have a tracking number. What records I end up getting? Who knows...I'm thinking of it like it's Secret Santa except I know who my Santa is and I paid him for specific items months ago and he's kind of a dick and may or may not get me what I want with the money I sent...

Toss me in the 15%, though I would agree that November orders are likely not included in the 85%. I canceled a month-to-month membership sometime in November. Yesterday, I finally received pre-shipping notice for three items ordered on Black Friday. Given my location, that shipment has close to 0% chance of arriving before January.

Conspicuously absent (and still unfulfilled) are Blossom Dearie, Sonny Rollins and The Comet is Coming. All were ordered earlier in November, during the random Throwback Thursday-esque episode. Strangely, I did receive HBMS, also ordered during that same window (they shipped it immediately). Have asked info@ for a status update, which has been ignored...needless to say, not holding my breath...

I only received 1 shipping notice, for Aretha, but according to the Orders page, every other outstanding order (B.B., Ann Arbor, Stones) is connected to that same tracking number. I'll find out for sure when it arrives in a week.

Back