Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Those things weigh like 5 pounds and cost like $4 in Turkey. Toppings include cheese, olives, tomatoes, pickles, carrots, corn, peas, mushrooms, onions, bacon bits, sausage, ketchup, mayo, salt, pepper, sour cream, etc. It's baffling to me that we're so modest and restrained with our baked potato toppings in the US.

This is me 10 years ago hitting a wall trying to finish one:

E91207E4-06A0-4954-AAC7-6D49BD580C69.jpeg

Can we just reiterate here again that their policy of pushing your ticket backwards in the queue for trying to follow up when you have no reason to believe they are actually looking into the issue is complete horseshit and no other company has ever had a policy like that? It is insane that they act like it is a reasonable flaw in their system that couldn't be fixed immediately if they tried.

Guys! They sent me an email just to tell me they haven't forgotten about me! Isn't that so kind of them, they even used my name, so it clearly wasn't just written by a robot! I feel so much better now!

:love::love::love:🥰😘

It's so kind of them and super cute!!! They will fix it eventually, I just know they will! They are my favorite, because I know they do the best they can and will always come through. Sexy!!

I received my April boxes (finally), and was surprised to see the wrong album for one of my swaps. I know this in and of itself is not new for VMP, but I the album I swapped for (Daniel Nordgren - Wooh Dang) was not there, but another Daniel Nordgren album (Buck) was. Has this happened to anyone else?

So now I'm conflicted on what to do, from purely a value standpoint. The swap value ($23) is lower than any price I can see for Buck, and Wooh Dang can be had for $18 on Amazon (albeit not the exclusive version). What do I do? Do I keep the album as a good value, or go back to VMP, who may not even have Wooh Dang in stock anymore? Any advice would be appreciated!

So let me get this straight. VMP are now choosing swaps (like Angel Olsen) for customers if their original swap request is not available? And now they are also randomly throwing in records that they don’t even sell in the store, like Buck? SMDH.

Every time I think I’ve seen it all, they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. VMP are now choosing swaps (like Angel Olsen) for customers if their original swap request is not available? And now they are also randomly throwing in records that they don’t even sell in the store, like Buck? SMDH.

Every time I think I’ve seen it all, they prove me wrong.
Kind of. The had a few swap exclusives that oversold and they replaced them with a similar swap exclusive but gave you the option to swap for anything available in the store for a few days . They oversold my TLC and gave me FKA twigs, I tried to get Piñata but no luck

Kind of. The had a few swap exclusives that oversold and they replaced them with a similar swap exclusive but gave you the option to swap for anything available in the store for a few days . They oversold my TLC and gave me FKA twigs, I tried to get Piñata but no luck

I'm sure you'd agree that you were one of the lucky ones. Offering Fka Twigs or Pinata is VMP still reaching for a desirable out of stock title, at least. Nothing against Angel Olsen, but that album was not only back, but offered in the sale section only a week prior. It hits different depending on what they replaced it with. One feels like, "hey... really sorry we didn't have that, but we reached back in the vaults and are going to offer you this gem," while the other feels like they are throwing a sale album at you, because they technically were.

I guess the logic was "woman? This is also a woman." It might have been more fair to offer that whole list of replacements to everyone oversold and asked which they'd prefer between all the Skull Snaps and Pinatas and Danny Browns and Angel Olsens, while saying it was first come first served and also offering the option to swap out for anything else in stock, all at once. Then again, maybe that creates even more confusion and chaos. I don't know.

What I do know is that there was a very direct and specific promise that the system was fixed last month, so that this type of oversell could NEVER happen again.

Poorly selecting titles for people they don't want from what they have laying around gives off fairly intense VNYL vibes, and that is not an association you want anyone to make.

Also @Melancholy_Melody they replaced some of the oversells with MOBB DEEP!!!

Back