Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

i honestly dont know why I still put up with it after the same crap every month. It sucks that one of my favorite products is being put out by such a terrible company.
I just got my shipping notifications just a few minutes ago! Woot woot! šŸ™ŒšŸ’ƒšŸ•ŗ

Donā€™t worry wynn72, itā€™s coming! Hang on in there buddy!
4C115298-9CA8-4A60-9038-B0E3B19E795C.gif

Maybe if Im lucky Ill get my record in time to listen before whatever next months shipping disaster is.
Stop being so pessimistic my fellow, favourite Britney Spears fan! šŸ¤ŖšŸ‘©ā€āš–ļø

Donā€™t stress about when your VMP packages will come! You have such a huge, amazing record collection to keep you entertained in the meantime šŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

My April VMP package probably wonā€™t come to me in a months time but thatā€™s all good! Iā€™ve already ordered Fiona Appleā€™s and Rina Sawayamaā€˜s latest albums and they wonā€™t be shipping in around 3 months time I think!

Itā€™s been taking around 7-14 days for records within Australia to come to me, due to the COVID-19 disruptions!

Stop being so pessimistic my fellow, favourite Britney Spears fan! šŸ¤ŖšŸ‘©ā€āš–ļø

Donā€™t stress about when your VMP packages will come! You have such a huge, amazing record collection to keep you entertained in the meantime šŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

My April VMP package probably wonā€™t come to me in a months time but thatā€™s all good! Iā€™ve already ordered Fiona Appleā€™s and Rina Sawayamaā€˜s latest albums and they wonā€™t be shipping in around 3 months time I think!

Itā€™s been taking around 7-14 days for records within Australia to come to me, due to the COVID-19 disruptions!

I hear that. I live in NY so covid disruptions have been bad here too, even something from NC can take 3ish weeks.
But youre right, I would enjoy VMP way more not stressing about the shipping issues, I just wish I had a bit more faith in them to get me my records at all....
Also, My Rina album shipped yesterday so thereā€™s something to look forward to that I know is on the way....

I hear that. I live in NY so covid disruptions have been bad here too, even something from NC can take 3ish weeks.
But youre right, I would enjoy VMP way more not stressing about the shipping issues, I just wish I had a bit more faith in them to get me my records at all....
Also, My Rina album shipped yesterday so thereā€™s something to look forward to that I know is on the way....
I think my Rina copy got put on back order but maybe not!? Who knows! Iā€™m really looking forward to spinning that album too when it comes!

The VMP records will come to you. I think youā€™re just frustrated that people get their records a month earlier than you, even though you purchase more from the VMP store and have been a long time member! It is annoying! But in the end, what matters is that youā€™ll get your records!

You are still a VMP member because they are a super fun company that put out great products at a great price! Yes, they are very clumsy when it comes to shipping, but their products are usually great in my opinion!

One day left on the 20% off code, y'all. I just went and pulled the trigger on Ivy Sole live, Mndsgn, and the AP Pet Sounds. It'll be my very first Analogue Productions record, so I'm hoping it's worth it even at the 20% discount.

Edit: A horrifying thought just came over me. What if... what if VMP's "swaption only" surprise this month will be a bunch of AP records, including Pet Sounds? What if I waited one more day and I could've grabbed it for $23? šŸ˜Ø

I have instant regrets.

One day left on the 20% off code, y'all. I just went and pulled the trigger on Ivy Sole live, Mndsgn, and the AP Pet Sounds. It'll be my very first Analogue Productions record, so I'm hoping it's worth it even at the 20% discount.

Edit: A horrifying thought just came over me. What if... what if VMP's "swaption only" surprise this month will be a bunch of AP records, including Pet Sounds? What if I waited one more day and I could've grabbed it for $23? šŸ˜Ø

I have instant regrets.
Unlikely, I checked on swapping for APs a month ago and was told they weren't allowed to. Could they still throw some in there? Sure. But I'd say the odds are more likely it's something they manufactured like some Motown or Ghostly boxes...

I need to use this 20% on something. I have a hard time buying something I can possibly get cheaper in swaps. So anything over $23 with tax is out. The only things I want that come in under are...

Loretta Lynn- Fist City
Townes Van Zandt- Our Mother the Mountain (about $23)

but Fat Possom owns TVZ and I feel like I havenā€™t heard great things about the pressing. Can anyone confirm or deny?

at the end of the day I can live with $15 for a great Loretta record.

I need to use this 20% on something. I have a hard time buying something I can possibly get cheaper in swaps. So anything over $23 with tax is out. The only things I want that come in under are...

Loretta Lynn- Fist City
Townes Van Zandt- Our Mother the Mountain (about $23)

but Fat Possom owns TVZ and I feel like I havenā€™t heard great things about the pressing. Can anyone confirm or deny?

at the end of the day I can live with $15 for a great Loretta record.

I would say don't expect an AP or Mofi quality press that is dead silent, however it does sound good and is above average. I don't think you will be disappointed.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200425091547417_COVER.jpg

I would say don't expect an AP or Mofi quality press that is dead silent, however it does sound good and is above average. I don't think you will be disappointed.

View attachment 43063

I Second That Emotion. Very good record, as is the other one. I got them with the 25% code from the last time there was carnage.

I recommend you to purchase both of them as they are both such great albums! The first track on Labi Siffre ā€œI Got The...ā€ is a marvellous song! That track alone is worth the purchase, although the rest of the album is great too! Side B starts off with another Groovy, rich and seductive funky song, so at least the start of both sides has something funky and lavish to enjoy! šŸ’ƒšŸ•ŗšŸ¾

Yves Tumor sophomore album is just exceptional! The bass, drums, guitars (especially on the sex-inducing, passionate, steamy Kerosene!) saxophones, trombones, strings - just the overall instrumentation of this record is incredibly impressive. To me, this is like a more experimental, sexier, futuristic version of Childish Gambinoā€™s ā€œAwaken, My Loveā€! The grooves on Heaven to A Tortured Mind are so tight yet pillowy and dreamy too! Itā€™s a masterpiece! šŸŽŗšŸŽøšŸ„šŸ’Ž

So I say go ahead and use that coupon and grab both those exclusives! You definitely wonā€™t regret it! I love both those exclusives so much! šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„
So I ended up grabbing Labi and Jorge Ben with my coupon . The Labi sounds awesome . A bit yacht Rocky but in a good way. I passed on Ben, but after streaming it Iā€™ve really grown to like it .Iā€™m probably going to grab Tumor in swaps if itā€™s available . Funny thing Iā€™d I got these with the coupon and they came today while my monthlies havenā€™t shipped yet and Woodstock is lost in the sauce .

So I ended up grabbing Labi and Jorge Ben with my coupon . The Labi sounds awesome . A bit yacht Rocky but in a good way. I passed on Ben, but after streaming it Iā€™ve really grown to like it .Iā€™m probably going to grab Tumor in swaps if itā€™s available . Funny thing Iā€™d I got these with the coupon and they came today while my monthlies havenā€™t shipped yet and Woodstock is lost in the sauce .
Iā€™m shocked that Labi is still in stock. Itā€™s really awesome. I just re-signed up for the 3 months for the price of 2 deal at the end of last week and Jorge Ben already arrived. I got my monthly box last week as well finally. Kinda seems like they are mailing new orders before older orders...

To me:
inventory liquidation is the big priority so SWAPs should be very exciting yet again
$250k budget cut could mean even slower CS or lower-hanging fruit ROTMs (less research, cheaper mastering)
Thatā€™s why those Woodstock box sets were swaps. It cleared a TON of shelf space for them. Itā€™s also why they are doing the buy 2 months get 1 free.

Back