Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Got the Amazon preorder a while ago! Sounds pretty good and I think the white color is going to look way better than David Gray vinyl lol. Interesting to note though, VMP says theirs is 45RPM while the Amazon is standard 33RPM but they share the exact same track listing and they’re both 2LPs. So I was curious to find out if VMPs would’ve actually been 45RPM and the definitive edition to get or if it was just a goof.
While I have absolutely no actual concrete information on this, I can almost 100% guarantee that 45 rpm thing was a VMP screw up. This is just a colored variant, there's almost zero chance they had a completely separate master and plating done just for this. It's almost certainly the exact same plates as all the other variants that have come out in the mean time.

David Gray won't be coming in for quite some time as the pressing plant is closed due to Covid-19.

Hey there,

We’re reaching out with an update in regards to your David Gray order; there is a delay on this shipment due to Covid-19 closures. The pressing plant has ceased operations prior to our warehouse receiving the inventory. We are still waiting for a confirmed timeline as to when the pressing plant will reopen, and when we will receive the inventory.

As we receive updates, we will be sure to notify you immediately. We’re sorry for this delay and any inconvenience that this may have caused. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

The VMP Team

Just emailed in asking for a refund. (And I had the 20% discount). I'll be happy with my 20 year old CD of White Ladder.

Also, the VMP White Ladder product info says it was suppose to be pressed at QRP, so if that plant is actually shut down, that will also have an impact on future Classics pressings.

David Gray won't be coming in for quite some time as the pressing plant is closed due to Covid-19.

Hey there,

We’re reaching out with an update in regards to your David Gray order; there is a delay on this shipment due to Covid-19 closures. The pressing plant has ceased operations prior to our warehouse receiving the inventory. We are still waiting for a confirmed timeline as to when the pressing plant will reopen, and when we will receive the inventory.

As we receive updates, we will be sure to notify you immediately. We’re sorry for this delay and any inconvenience that this may have caused. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

The VMP Team

Man I was thinking about joining for 3 months because of the free month and was hoping this would be a swap soon.

I rejoined for the free month. No shipping notice, just showed up in my Informed Delivery. Corner bump and big seam splits on my Stooges, so back into the VMP customer service loop.
I got the non-VMP David Gray and it sounds great, btw.

My account page now shows Fulfilled for Classics and Essentials, with tracking number. Still showing Unfulfilled for store pre-orders, so guessing those will not be in the box that shows up this week.

Yeah I show everything unfulfilled, I don't think it has any bearing on shipments at this point. I think they're likely all out there somewhere...

Ahhhhhh, didn't realize how much I was missing that good ole VMP uncertainty. Will it come? Won't it? How badly was it damaged by whoever does their logistics work nowadays?

Ahhhhhh, didn't realize how much I was missing that good ole VMP uncertainty. Will it come? Won't it? How badly was it damaged by whoever does their logistics work nowadays?
Yeah I'm not sure what's happening this month but my guess is the shipping companies and Saddle Creek likely have seriously reduced staff which is possibly messing with the tracking updates. It sucks but I'm gunna give them a Worldwide Pandemic pass on this one. I'm actually surprised they're still operating. Newbury is completely shuttered, even the website is turned off.

I am not really worried, it will get here when it gets here. Sounds like there have been no pressing issues with either Otis and The Stooges so I don't have to worry about people getting replacements before mine arrives.

Back