Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Dammit...I really want the Tom Misch/Yussef Dayes album but $40 for a 2LP is a tough pill to swallow...and I don't think I have any of the coupon codes left...

Up on Bullmoose for $6 less and an almost certainty you'll get it on or around release date.

Dammit...I really want the Tom Misch/Yussef Dayes album but $40 for a 2LP is a tough pill to swallow...and I don't think I have any of the coupon codes left...
I just sold a couple of records yesterday and decided to use the money to order the VMP Misch/Dayes and John Moreland exclusives. Stab in the dark with both of these as I don't believe the full albums are available to stream yet (I have been listening to Morland lately and really enjoy his sound). $40 is about £30 which is pricey for a 2lp set, but not unheard of. I've yet to hear anything that Dayes has worked on and not liked it so I imagine I will like this one, and if not im pretty sure the resale value would be enough that I wouldn't lose out financially too much.

I just sold a couple of records yesterday and decided to use the money to order the VMP Misch/Dayes and John Moreland exclusives. Stab in the dark with both of these as I don't believe the full albums are available to stream yet (I have been listening to Morland lately and really enjoy his sound). $40 is about £30 which is pricey for a 2lp set, but not unheard of. I've yet to hear anything that Dayes has worked on and not liked it so I imagine I will like this one, and if not im pretty sure the resale value would be enough that I wouldn't lose out financially too much.

The Moreland is available on streaming already.

Thanks! Yea--it's on Amazon too for $35. I know I shouldn't let the limited to 500 sway me but sometimes it does :)

I hear ya. I'm trying to not have exclusivity or color tempt me too much this year when it costs more. Especially on Classic or Jazz releases. I just sold my RSD Patsy Cline yesterday since I decided the black is more than Ok enough for me.

I hear ya. I'm trying to not have exclusivity or color tempt me too much this year when it costs more. Especially on Classic or Jazz releases. I just sold my RSD Patsy Cline yesterday since I decided the black is more than Ok enough for me.
This is a good mindset to have. If cost is equivalent and one is limited and the other is not go with the limited version but if the collectiblity is based on color as opposed to actual scarcity than there is a super narrow scope of people that are actually willing to pony up for colored wax when they can just purchase a readily available standard edition. I am trying to work more from this mindset too. As the color matter much less to me than the content.

This is a good mindset to have. If cost is equivalent and one is limited and the other is not go with the limited version but if the collectiblity is based on color as opposed to actual scarcity than there is a super narrow scope of people that are actually willing to pony up for colored wax when they can just purchase a readily available standard edition. I am trying to work more from this mindset too. As the color matter much less to me than the content.
This is where I am at too. I'm fine with paying a few dollars extra for a record if it's from bandcamp or something where I also get a high-res download. If color variant is same price, I'll typically go for that. Otherwise, I don't feel the need to buy the limited color variant all the time but sometimes I still fall for the FOMO trap haha.

I too sold my RSD Patsy for what felt like a mortgage payment. While I wanted to keep it, the black version does the same thing.

So I finally received the last of my November orders and 3 of them have seam splits.
What’s current VMP policy on dealing with this. Do we take pics and send them to CS? Do they replace or refund or what?

I had a seam split on at least 1 ROTM for the last 3 months. CS always tells me they don't have any replacement jackets available so they just give me store credit. I receive a random amount between $15 - $20.

Back