Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

That Kindness album looks good, killer features list. I'll probably pick that up. Already ordered the deluxe Brittany Howard that's much cooler looking. I'm excited to see the animated zoetrope labels on it, makes the price difference worth it to Me.
From where? Explain!

From where? Explain!
Brittany Howard - Jaime Limited-Edition Deluxe Vinyl (180g W/Zoetrope Label)

ATLP298.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm not a big Alabama Shakes fan but the first Brittany Howard single isn't doing much for me. I'd got with the deluxe edition though. It looks cool.

Kindness is pretty interesting. Might pull the trigger on that one.

Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone have a ballpark idea of how many subscribers VMP has? In general, and specifically RHH? Trying to rough guesstimate how many actual records they are pressing.
For a couple of months last year they were reporting pressing numbers on the product page for each RHH release. They ranged from 2.5k (Rico Nasty) to 4k (Denzel) to 5K (Queen Latifah). I'd imagine these numbers increased significantly for releases like Outkast though.

Just FYI, if you click on cd/streaming and then click back to vinyl, a different release of that pops up for the same price, so I'm not entirely sure which version will be sent out to people.

Yeah just looking more closely now that I'm on my laptop, the link takes you to the OJC version of that album (and if you click back and forth like you did, Wax Time pops up), but I think the version we want is this: https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/10655344

Cut at Cohearant, pressed at QRP. If discogs is right, it says the OJC is "digitally remastered." Dunno about that, but I'm going with that discogs version if the VMP version costs a lot more.

Yeah just looking more closely now that I'm on my laptop, the link takes you to the OJC version of that album (and if you click back and forth like you did, Wax Time pops up), but I think the version we want is this: https://www.discogs.com/Sonny-Rollins-Saxophone-Colossus/release/10655344

Cut at Cohearant, pressed at QRP. If discogs is right, it says the OJC is "digitally remastered." Dunno about that, but I'm going with that discogs version if the VMP version costs a lot more.

That one is fine, but the current OJC is also excellent and more readily available. The last time I checked, which was early this year, Amazon was still sending the copies pressed using the DCC audiophile stampers.

For a couple of months last year they were reporting pressing numbers on the product page for each RHH release. They ranged from 2.5k (Rico Nasty) to 4k (Denzel) to 5K (Queen Latifah). I'd imagine these numbers increased significantly for releases like Outkast though.
I actually don’t think they did and that’s the problem. On the previous forum, Storf had said they started cutting the numbers down starting in November ‘18 (Rico Nasty) on the side subs so they wouldn’t have as much stock. I’d guess ‘Kast may have been 4K looking at their numbers, prior to any repress.

Just FYI, if you click on cd/streaming and then click back to vinyl, a different release of that pops up for the same price, so I'm not entirely sure which version will be sent out to people.
there are multiple vinyl versions available through Amazon, you need to make sure you select the "one" you want
Good point. @Enoch ?
on my list

For those of you have completely left VMP and have for a while, may I ask why some of you feel the need to continue to comment on this thread? I get some of you are really mad at VMP and that is 100% fine, I get why you are and don't blame you at all for feeling that way. But I do wonder if it is healthy for you to follow this thread/comment here. Is it worth the time/mental energy to still monitor here and remind yourself of why you left? This is not directed at anyone in particular, I was thinking about this last night well after I was last on the forum. Just a thought, if you feel that it is good for you then by all means continue to view and comment.

Back