Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

with those Radiohead ones that was an issue across the board and it wasn’t swapped out discs, I think when XL got the artwork masters they forgot to change the label details from Parlophone to XL on the labels. I got a copy of Amnesiac from my local and just the same, XL on the jacket and Parlophone on the label 🙄
I’m going to high jack this thread for a second to say I’m very excited about potential anniversary editions of kid a and amnesiac.
Were supposed to be a double album at one time so I will go on the record to say they are my favorite Radiohead album 😉

I’m going to high jack this thread for a second to say I’m very excited about potential anniversary editions of kid a and amnesiac.
Were supposed to be a double album at one time so I will go on the record to say they are my favorite Radiohead album 😉

for reasons I’ve gone into in more detail in the Radiohead thread I hope we get 2 separate anniversary editions for each album (rather than a combined) but looking forward to seeing what is on the cards for us in October!

for reasons I’ve gone into in more detail in the Radiohead thread I hope we get 2 separate anniversary editions for each album (rather than a combined) but looking forward to seeing what is on the cards for us in October!
Well it was two releases and I expect two different anniversary deluxe releases

Well it was two releases and I expect two different anniversary deluxe releases

There was a rumour going around that they’d be combined but a completely unsubstantiated one because all we’ve heard officially was Thom saying that him and Stanley has tonnes of leftover artwork from this period that they were going through.

There was a rumour going around that they’d be combined but a completely unsubstantiated one because all we’ve heard officially was Thom saying that him and Stanley has tonnes of leftover artwork from this period that they were going through.

I wouldn't mind if there was a DVD of them from this era attached to the reissue. The show they did at MSG in August 2001 mayyyyyyy just be the best live show I've ever seen.

I wouldn't mind if there was a DVD of them from this era attached to the reissue. The show they did at MSG in August 2001 mayyyyyyy just be the best live show I've ever seen.

it’s funny that was one of the things I said in the other thread that I’d like in the Kid A box as there is little extra stuff (that’s Amnesiac), no b-sides and they had to almost re-invent it live. That said I would rather a DVD of the UK tour immediately after the Kid A release. They hired a circus tent and did all the gigs around the country under it.

it’s funny that was one of the things I said in the other thread that I’d like in the Kid A box as there is little extra stuff (that’s Amnesiac), no b-sides and they had to almost re-invent it live. That said I would rather a DVD of the UK tour immediately after the Kid A release. They hired a circus tent and did all the gigs around the country under it.

They really DID have to reinvent it to be done live... especially "Packt Like Sardines..." the live version of which is probably the rocking-ist thing they ever did!

They really DID have to reinvent it to be done live... especially "Packt Like Sardines..." the live version of which is probably the rocking-ist thing they ever did!

I think from Kid A they always said Like Spinning Plates was almost completely different live. It’s built around a guitar loop recorded and then reversed so Ed or Johnny were never going to be able to recreate that live!

with those Radiohead ones that was an issue across the board and it wasn’t swapped out discs, I think when XL got the artwork masters they forgot to change the label details from Parlophone to XL on the labels. I got a copy of Amnesiac from my local and just the same, XL on the jacket and Parlophone on the label 🙄
WAIT I was going to ask if you checked the mastering but then silly me remembered there was no 12" Amnesiac until XL so it's a pretty obvious answer.

I think from Kid A they always said Like Spinning Plates was almost completely different live. It’s built around a guitar loop recorded and then reversed so Ed or Johnny were never going to be able to recreate that live!
Well, they were actually trying to get "I Will" recorded, it wasn't working and fed up played the tape backwards. Thom liked it and wrote a couple of lyrics so they wouldn't have to throw it out. Even sung half of it backwards if you're paying attention!

For my money Faith No More performing Epic on SNL is only bested by Living Colour performing Cult Of Personality on the Arsenio Hall Show, which in my books is the greatest tv performance I've ever seen. Made all the better by the crowd of scared white folk who have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

I watched that Living Colour performance on YouTube just last week. Then on Saturday I found this at my local after looking 10 years or so for it:

20200116_193016.jpg

THEN CHECK THE MASTERING. The Parlophone Amnesiac one of my favorite sounding peices but I don't think they kept making them like they did with OK Computer.

Just did. Different in the deadwax. It’s an oversight with XL design department I imagine. Also I’m having deja vu, I think we may have already had this conversation in the old forum 😂

Just did. Different in the deadwax. It’s an oversight with XL design department I imagine. Also I’m having deja vu, I think we may have already had this conversation in the old forum 😂
I know we've discussed Amnesiac's mastering but I don't know that we've had quite this discussion before.

I watched that Living Colour performance on YouTube just last week. Then on Saturday I found this at my local after looking 10 years or so for it:

View attachment 29517

I found this in Japan on our last trip but had already blown the budget so I passed on it. I wound up finding it again last year at Amoeba in Berkeley and had to buy it right away. One of my favorite albums.

I saw them do the limited mini tour for Kid A with Handsome Boy Modelling School and it's easily in the top 5 shows I've ever been to. I'm not as much of a fanatic for Kid A (or anything after, really.. more of a OK Computer / Bends dude myself) ... it was just amazing.

20200116_193016.jpg

I swear I have like two or three copies of this if anyone is looking for one.

Back