Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

So their store is set up that when they cancel (refund) orders that are out of stock, it defaults to 'returning' them to stock? Looooool. Hence the magic restocks. Seems like the old store was set up the same way.
Heres the response I got.

"Hey Kevin,
My apologies. When the person cancelling those orders was cancelling and refunding them, they were not alerted to uncheck a certain box that would restock the cancelled record.
So those did get added back, but its not because we have copies. Those orders are going to get cancelled too :/ We have since gotten on the same page with this confusion, but I am so sorry for the frustration!
Let me know if you have any other questions, or if you need anything else. All the best!
-Paul"

So imaginary packages that didn't exist got put back in the store and were sold but will get refunded again. This is so fucked up.
lol, called it. Boom.

lol, called it. Boom.

Those damn check boxes!!! 🤬😁

Have to admit the new system sounds a lot like the old one...

Our legacy platform may have seemed fine from the outside, but it required constant maintenance, including daily fixes and updates to perform basic functions. In essence, we were duct-taping our old system together on a daily basis, and we were concerned that we would run out of duct tape before the end of the year.

the fact that we never get any info before a vinyl is announced and dropped on their store makes me think of one thing that no one else would say

i miss storf
I’m sorry but really subscribers shouldn’t have to rely on storf, or reddit for that matter, for what should be official announcements from VMP. It shouldn’t be that hard to send out these emails on time to all their subscribers (something I’m sure they said the new platform would fix)

I finally cancelled today. Was set to renew on 2/1. I was willing to give them a few weeks to catch up over the holidays but, honestly, CS response really hasn't gotten much better and I'm sick of expending so much mental energy on what should really be a quick, simple, arm's-length transaction. Most of the releases that I really value from VMP are available Mint on Discogs for half to a third of what I paid. Many others I probably wouldn't have purchased if it weren't for the automatic shipment/hype/FOMO. Even if I end up paying $60 for a title once in a while, I'll be saving so much in impulse buys and "meh" ROTM's/swaps, etc. Time to worry about other things!

I’m sorry but really subscribers shouldn’t have to rely on storf, or reddit for that matter, for what should be official announcements from VMP. It shouldn’t be that hard to send out these emails on time to all their subscribers (something I’m sure they said the new platform would fix)

Well said my friend. I said it before you only need to look at Melvin from Soul Step Records (who happens to also be a member here on N&G) for an example of this. I have bought several records from him and never once did I miss out on a new release because of lack of communication. Usually an email gets sent out to anyone that happens to be a club member or subscribes to his newsletter about a week in advance letting everyone know about which record is getting dropped and exactly when it's dropping so you can make sure to logged in when it happens if you wish to purchase it. Oh and plenty of his new releases are gone in hours if not minutes so being informed is key.

Anyone here a member and wants to get Krule new record for me in exchange for anything worth max $40 store credit? i'm not a member anymore but i am a huge fan and can't jump on a 3 month sub just because of a single record

Im from Switzerland so shipping it to me for american members would probably be insanely expensive with how vmp system works. Also i just found out about the 20% off one time discount code E7P7G4X3WS8T so i could probs get you something for 50% in exchange if you're willing :)

Last edited:
Did you try buying it anyway? Some former members claim they were able to buy it.

That's actually exactly what I sent in my message. I wonder if it depends on whether your account ended prior to the migration, or not, since there were some changes with everyone needing to reset their passwords, at that point.

That's actually exactly what I sent in my message. I wonder if it depends on whether your account ended prior to the migration, or not, since there were some changes with everyone needing to reset their passwords, at that point.
I think you’re right! I’m not an active member right now, but I can buy (and I did buy) the King Krule exclusive! I also purchased the U.S. Girls and the Horace Tapscott Quintent exclusives as soon as the dropped a few days ago! My membership was supposed to renewed at the start of this month! I was however an active member when the migration happened! 💡

I think you’re right! I’m not an active member right now, but I can buy (and I did buy) the King Krule exclusive! I also purchased the U.S. Girls and the Horace Tapscott Quintent exclusives as soon as the dropped a few days ago! My membership was supposed to renewed at the start of this month! I was however an active member when the migration happened! 🔑💡

I'm real smart

Never thought of that (and I’m SURE VMP didn’t either) but it would make total sense.

You are!!! You’re a clever and smart vinyl nerd! Do you know how attractive that makes you! 😏😜

tenor.gif

Back