Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Finally got an email that my Blossom Dearie order was cancelled and refunded. No refund yet but it looks like it just happened today :rolleyes: So stupid. I would wager I was one of the first people to snag a copy when the copies went up too.

Anyone know how they decide who gets one and who doesn’t? Or is it just fucking random? It’s obviously not first come, first served as noted by countless other people who experienced the same thing.

This has happened repeatedly over the years. They claimed that the old system couldn't provide that information, so they were all sent to the warehouse, and then fulfilled, in random order. I have no idea what their excuse will be for the new system, but I'm guessing it will be something like 'the system could generate that information but we haven't enabled it' or they'll just lie* and claim it isn't possible... until the day it is, without warning.

*They moved onto a system everyone knows, that generates an order #, in sequential order no less! Granted, transferring that information to the warehouse may be beyond the capabilities of a small business like VMP :rolleyes:

This might have to do with it.
Yeah I saw that and it is indeed fucked up, borderline fraud at this point. They’ll continue to claim ignorance and throw their distributor under the bus though. I honestly don’t care that I didn’t get the Blossom Dearie record but it should have never been put up in the store in the first place, especially if they didn’t have the copies. Same goes for the countless other records this happened with. At the very least, the orders should have been immediately canceled, not dragged out for almost two months.

I’ve had some success flattening VMP warped records to that point, so hoping I can with this album.
So happy I only paid the $23 swap price for it though.

Those tight wobbles are the hardest things to flatten out I find. But just smoothing them out is enough usually, as long as the wave isn't egregious.

Dishes and the Pringles(TM) warps are the easiest to fully flatten, ironically. Especially on fresh presses. I guess that's the one thing going for GZ - their records usually flatten out well. :p

So was it confirmed that the random restocks yesterday were in error? Don't think I saw a resolution on that.
It seems like the orders that were oversold initially on black friday were changed to cancelled/refunded and those orders went back into the inventory so the system thought they were back in stock.

Man, it's been over a week since I replied to CS with a list of albums that have gone missing (and I was told would be refunded) and zero resolution. No even a peep back.
Do we have to CC the CEO every time now to get a reply?
This is just infuriating.
Message Paul on reddit. Thats how I got a response.

Man, it's been over a week since I replied to CS with a list of albums that have gone missing (and I was told would be refunded) and zero resolution. No even a peep back.
Do we have to CC the CEO every time now to get a reply?
This is just infuriating.

Believe it or not, I've had 40 emails back and forth with CS since August about an anthology album replacement! Still waiting for a resolution.

Message Paul on reddit. Thats how I got a response.

I've been emailing him...I've had a dozen "sorrys" and five "terribly sorrys" about the same issue. Haven't heard back from him since December so I'm starting to question his sincerity 😁

Believe it or not, I've had 40 emails back and forth with CS since August about an anthology album replacement! Still waiting for a resolution.

I've been emailing him...I've had a dozen "sorrys" and five "terribly sorrys" about the same issue. Haven't heard back from him since December so I'm starting to question his sincerity 😁
This is just absurd.
I'm done with them.

Back