Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Here's the thing guys:

The communication.

This isn't new. They have SUCKED at communication for years. There are several of us on here that stuck it out far longer than we should have because it was when they actually engaged with us. And we would BEG them to send out communications. BEG THEM. So many times. They are acting like this is the first time they whiffed on communication. It is not. This is their pattern. Only communicate when it is clear they can not keep the issue confined to a few people.

And yes, Matt should absolutely have signed that. The buck starts and stop with him. This was such an all encompassing eff up, he should personally write this and sign it.

Yes, it is nice that they finally acknowledged their eff up. Sure. It's the least they could do for you all. SMH

(Also, just a tiny nitpick - but why use the term "API" when the majority of people reading that have no idea what an API does.)

there's also some past tense used in there like someone didn't get 20 TVZs yesterday. They are so full of shit they can't contain it even when they try.

Glad they owned this. Their prices are too high for international customers with the added threat of customs. So I won’t rejoin. But glad they owned this. All I want is a) poor @NathanRicaud to get to spend his $500 monopoly money b) poor Pauly to get to have his Christmas break from Scrooge Fiedler’s winter sweatshop and c) poor @Gavaxeman to get his copy of Bell X1.....

.... sorry wrong thread

there's also some past tense used in there like someone didn't get 20 TVZs yesterday. They are so full of shit they can't contain it even when they try.

Yeah, the whole thing is cringe worthy. Especially to those of us (like you!) that have been around the same damn block with them multiple times on the same damn issues.

The language of that thing just feels so condescending and "oops, you caught us again".

They could clean out that old inventory by giving free records! You know the inventory they just can seem to move like Torres or Big Bill Broonzy. Or half the shit they normally have for swaps.

Broonzy is some hot fire, if you’re still stuck there it’s an amazing swap that’s enormously overlooked. But yeah they can stick The Books up their arse!

I would interpret using "VMP team" as everybody owning some responsibility - from the management decisions that kicked off the whole rotten chain of events, to the "human error" in the warehouse, to the inability of CS to respond in a timely fashion, etc etc...

But I get where you're coming from too - the CEO signing it would have been nice to see.
Take it from someone who works with a huge community—you do not want to sign things individually. It sounds like a good idea and it in theory will add personality to your statement, but you're opening the door to some crazy person tracking you down.

You take that back, The Books is possibly my favourite VMP release of all time

Back when "alternate artwork" meant exactly that.

VMP said:
Why we updated the platform

Our legacy platform may have seemed fine from the outside, but it required constant maintenance, including daily fixes and updates to perform basic functions. In essence, we were duct taping our old system together on a daily basis, and we were concerned that we would run out of duct tape before the end of the year. Given the information we had at the time, we felt the instability of the legacy platform posed a larger risk than performing the update.

What is the legitimacy of this reasoning?

Here's the thing guys:

The communication.

This isn't new. They have SUCKED at communication for years. There are several of us on here that stuck it out far longer than we should have because it was when they actually engaged with us. And we would BEG them to send out communications. BEG THEM. So many times. They are acting like this is the first time they whiffed on communication. It is not. This is their pattern. Only communicate when it is clear they can not keep the issue confined to a few people.

And yes, Matt should absolutely have signed that. The buck starts and stop with him. This was such an all encompassing eff up, he should personally write this and sign it.

Yes, it is nice that they finally acknowledged their eff up. Sure. It's the least they could do for you all. SMH

(Also, just a tiny nitpick - but why use the term "API" when the majority of people reading that have no idea what an API does.)

Last year I had to wait over 2 months to get resolution for computer errors with my account and fuck ups. This year it happened to everyone. Only with funny photographs of people getting 25 copies of a single album. This isn’t new. Next year they’ll go beyond their active members and start frustrating random people by sending over inflated parcels of 900 records to people overseas just to give them customs charges and charge everyone who was ever a member double. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the fairytale of eternal economic growth. How dare you!

Last year I had to wait over 2 months to get resolution for computer errors with my account and fuck ups. This year it happened to everyone. Only with funny photographs of people getting 25 copies of a single album. This isn’t new. Next year they’ll go beyond their active members and start frustrating random people by sending over inflated parcels of 900 records to people overseas just to give them customs charges and charge everyone who was ever a member double. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the fairytale of eternal economic growth. How dare you!

you know that person at work you hate, there’s always one, before you quit wipe all your addresses and enter their name and address and watch as Donal, who owns one Coldplay album and one Travis album, gets a €3,000 customs bill for 1,000 copies of The Books!

Glad they owned this. Their prices are too high for international customers with the added threat of customs. So I won’t rejoin. But glad they owned this. All I want is a) poor @NathanRicaud to get to spend his $500 monopoly money b) poor Pauly to get to have his Christmas break from Scrooge Fiedler’s winter sweatshop and c) poor @Gavaxeman to get his copy of Bell X1.....

.... sorry wrong thread
I JUST WANT TO SPEND MY VMP MONEY!!!

😂😡👾🤑🙋‍♂️🆘💰😖🚨

This is unfair. People railing on them for an apology and when it finally comes people are like "oh as if you can believe that".

Do you think they meant to send 50 copies of the same album to random customers? Of course not. They fucked up and are owning it, which is really all they can do at this point.
Owning it?? Two months later and still not even replying to people who are owed hundreds of Dollars worth of records? I’ve just been asked by Paul to confirm my shipping address despite them just posting my ROTM last week.
they’ve ignored all communication for the best part of 8 weeks. That’s not owning it.

Back