Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

How long before somebody like CoS or P4K starts sniffing around to see what's going on? For one of the biggest online vinyl retailers in the biz to be generating this much bad buzz on every channel is noteworthy, right? Doesn't merit a huge exposé or anything, but if a Stax Anthology announcement gets press in Rolling Stone, surely that same business being unable to deliver its product correctly is worth a blurb somewhere.
Stereogum did the piece that exposed VNYL for the shit show it was. That was 5 years ago and that article is still referenced when people discuss their shady business practice.

source.gif

^
VMP and all its subscribers rn

I’m very lucky! I got my last December box today and everything was in it! 🕺🙌

View attachment 28661

All I have to do now is to get VMP to gift me a subscription or to renew my membership via my store credits! 🤞

I hope everything will be ok with you. If a customer must be treated well, this customer is you. I would ask for a refund on credits though. Nobody knows how long they will stand acting like they do today and shipping $1000 of free records to random customers won't help.🤞🤞🤞

I hope everything will be ok with you. If a customer must be treated well, this customer is you. I would ask for a refund on credits though. Nobody knows how long they will stand acting like they do today and shipping $1000 of free records to random customers won't help.🤞🤞🤞
Awwwwwww you’re too sweet to say that Skalap! I know it might seem a bit ridiculous, but I’m still more than happy to keep the credits and be patient with VMP renewing me membership via my store credit (or at least allowing me to purchase a gift membership with my store credit) ☺️

I’m confident I’ll happily spend my $500 without feeling the need to buy an exclusive I ‘sort of’ want!

I must admit that I am very optimistic and I do still have a very good feeling things will get better with VMP in the next month. I’m sure VMP will take care of me, I just don’t know when. Hopefully just before the last week of January, just so then I can have Dirty Projectors and N*E*R*D in my January box! 🤞

If I get screwed over, let it be! It’s no biggie! It will be a lesson learnt for me! ⚖️🎲

Without trying to make you cringe.....
My instincts are telling me that I need to be like Lauryn Hill. Everybody is telling baby naughty naive Nathan go with his head, but I’m going to choose to go with my heart! 💓🙈🐣

I just threw a story up on IG with the picture of the person who got 26 Ainslie Wills albums and tagged VMP in it. I've recommended VMP in the past...people deserve a heads up for what's going on right now...

Following up on this, Ainslie Wills' manager messaged me on IG about this.

Will follow up with her. Between a person getting 26% of the entire stock, or people receiving other artist's albums before the street date, I'd be wary right now of allowing VMP to handle my release if I'm a smaller name artist or a newer act on the scene

Following up on this, Ainslie Wills' manager messaged me on IG about this.

Will follow up with her. Between a person getting 26% of the entire stock, or people receiving other artist's albums before the street date, I'd be wary right now of allowing VMP to handle my release if I'm a smaller name artist or a newer act on the scene
To play devil’s advocate, I had never heard of Ainslie Willis before this mishap...and she gets paid no matter what. Albums getting shipped before release date is the bigger worry. I can’t believe all of the insane things I’m seeing with VMP. If they haven’t made some wholesale changes in their staffing by now I really don’t see them surviving much longer. They must be bleeding money.

Just got a 10lb VMP box today and everything they said would be in there was there surprisingly and nothing extra. I’m glad it included some of the restocked albums, but it’s just said that we have to even wonder what we may have received in the box. Also on a related note, no duties/taxes on this package either, though who knows about future ones.
Did you get tracking for this? I am asking with the hope that all of mine are on the way and I just don’t know it yet

To play devil’s advocate, I had never heard of Ainslie Willis before this mishap...and she gets paid no matter what. Albums getting shipped before release date is the bigger worry. I can’t believe all of the insane things I’m seeing with VMP. If they haven’t made some wholesale changes in their staffing by now I really don’t see them surviving much longer. They must be bleeding money.
Don't think she's getting paid for the 25 extra copies that got sent to that dude, as they weren't 'sold'.

Don't think she's getting paid for the 25 extra copies that got sent to that dude, as they weren't 'sold'.
Pretty sure that’s not how it works with VMP...and even if so, the amount of money that she is paid is likely so minimal. If they pressed 100 copies, Ainslie is doing this for the exposure and not the money she would make from VMP.

Pretty sure that’s not how it works with VMP...and even if so, the amount of money that she is paid is likely so minimal. If they pressed 100 copies, Ainslie is doing this for the exposure and not the money she would make from VMP.
In a weird twist, I'm now talking more about Ainslie Willis than I would have been if copies had gone out the right way.

The issue with having the Ainslie album so vastly overshipped to a single user is that there's likely to be some genuine fans who ordered this and will miss out. As a new artist, you certainly don't want your limited fanbase to have any bad taste left by one of your products, regardless if the issue isn't the fault of the artist in the slightest.

Though I do see the counterpoint of "any press is good press"

So, the tracking links i got from vmp for what should be bb king and idler Wheel, Show they are nearly here. Bt starngely, the DHL treackin says the sender is cafepress.com or printul inc., which seem to be merchandise companies.
I`m a Little scared i get anoraks or dad hats instead of records.

I think they're not refunding credits with cash. I had credits refunded with credits. I'm assuming they just refund in the same manner you paid, cash or credits. That's likely what they mean.
I paid with credit card, the only credit card I've used with them.
It's possible that because they gave me credits for a bad record that they don't have any more that I'm stuck with store credits but that would have been nice to know. I likely would have ordered one last record before cancelling. Oh well, it's not a huge deal

So on the refund front, if PayPal says a refund processed but nothing is showing in my bank account who do I contact? VMP, PayPal, or my bank?

Back